Is Arcadia Beach Resort an Airbnb ghetto?

Is Arcadia Beach Resort becoming an Airbnb ghetto?  

I've posted a few times now regarding condominium I own, we have a big problem with Juristic management etc.  I saw this issue on the Pattaya Expats website, Arcadia Beach Resort and Arcadia Beach Continental, they allow Airbnb tenants which are causing problems, dangerous people, making lots of noise so the condo owners must pay for the police to do daily patrols, it sounds like these places are hell to live, both are built by Heights Holdings and QPM Juristic provide management. 

Any Arcadia Beach Resort or Arcadia Beach Continental condo owners here that can make comments regarding living standards, Airbnb, security etc. or any owners of Heights Holdings condo with issues? 

I've been told 2 of the 4 Arcadia Beach Resort committee members from Heights Holdings (the builder/developer), if true this would be the worst outcome for the condo owners. Juristic management should always be separated from the developer.   

I'm seeing quite a few articles about condominium management issues and was wondering how many condo owners in Thailand are having similar problems, also should I take my problems/issues to City Hall or Land Office, would these departments help resolve our condo owners problems?  

Here's the link to the Pattaya Expats discussion

https://m.facebook.com/groups/PattayaExpatsClub/permalink/10167981371545291/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Could contain:

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

All Arcadia buildings are built with really small fridges, like in hotels.  I don't think anybody can "live" in those condos, with tiny fridges only good for a night or two worth of food & drink.

Edited by CanadaSam

It will be a good time to buy in a couple of years when the place s completely ruined. Then you can rent it and actually get a decent return.

I was looking to buy Lumpini Park Beach when it was completed I think 10 years ago. Looked beaufiful. Now it's trash.

So many of those condo projects that have gone up since about 2012 are like bee hives. Noisy, small living space. You get what you pay for. Arcadia and those projects in Jomtien beach behind second road.. Not very comfortable. I think Dusit and a couple other projects out there are no go's for me. It looks like the Chinese and Russians love those places but for me.. pass. IMHO, Jomtien 15 20 years ago before the Russians came was really great. Then all the condos built since then just made the place a cheap ghetto tourist destination. I doubt I'd go back and live there unless I found a really sweet property, away from all the noise with some space and privacy. But even then, the beach is way too crowded and I love to walk the beach at least 1 hour each day. Having to dodge all the people picnicking and hanging out is a chore.

My last hurah in Jomtien was during Covid. I found a top floor unit in a 36 floor building on second road. Jomtien was like a ghost town. When they closed the beach it was unbelievably cool again. Felt like I had the place to myself. In a few short weeks after the beach was closed... all the wildlife started returning. It was clean and the water even cleared up a bit. I was lucky to be there during that time. I stayed in Jomtien for pretty much the entire Pandemic. The place will never be like that again.. unless another pandemic hits I would think.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Celsius said:

It will be a good time to buy in a couple of years when the place s completely ruined. Then you can rent it and actually get a decent return.

I was looking to buy Lumpini Park Beach when it was completed I think 10 years ago. Looked beaufiful. Now it's trash.

Doesn't take long. These projects get all hyped up with the sales show room and the prototype rooms built to view.. but things can go south quick after it's opened. If owners don't make their payments to the Jurisitic no money for building maintenance is available.. There are more than a few places like that. Looked great when they started... now a real dump.. Things can go down hill damn quick. But there are some projects that do get managed well. I think some of the View Talay buildings are decent and have been for a number of years.

Edited by likerdup1

OK, I understand, it's probably because the majority of the condo owners at Arcadia Beach Resort are living abroad also the very few condo owners living on site is the reason why I'm not seeing comments regarding the safety, security and other concerns that need to be highlighted.

I have a few issues with our Juristic management but thank the Lord they do not allow Airbnb at my condominium, honestly I'd hate to be living at these Arcadia Beach Resort, Continental that allow Airbnb residents. 

I hope the condo owners recover their outlay if they try and sell but I reckon its going to be a slum shortly.   

Edited by Cricky

I was looking at buying in Arcadia resort ,good condo yearly fees of 13k

Loved the very long swimming pool and gym 

But ....yes many families with screaming kids on holidays 

Xmas will be the busiest with screaming kids running around the pool 

I think if I was going to buy in Arcadia I wouldn't buy a condo overlooking the swimming pool 

I never saw police patrol as they have many security guards 

You can get the small studios for around 1 million baht if you try but small 1 bedroom I think 28sqm 

Edited by georgegeorgia

Russians and Chinese will settle for anything, Koreans, Germans, Europeans from the nordic countries and Japanese will foolishly pay the over charging prices.

All put together, they bring the standards down or increase the prices.

A few years ago, Thailand did establish laws for renting condos. If I remember correctly, minimum legal rental period for unlicensed hotels, B&Bs etc, is 1 month. Any accommodation rental less than a month needs a license. Like so many laws in Thailand, few are enforced. Maybe the Pattaya hotel association could tell you who to contact to enforce the relevant laws. You'll need evidence of wrong doing, not just hearsay. If foreigners are renting short-term in condos, they need to be registered by TM30, so immigration police would be interested in these types of renters.

Edited by Banana7

I admit my 3 months stay at Arcadia recently was great though

The managers one a young guy from Europe was a lovely guy , friendly

They have lot of security guards so it's very safe 

I do like it , but there is only a family mart nearby and you have to walk up the hill to the main road to get a baht bus ,there is a big gay sauna nearby 

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I never saw police patrol as they have many security guards

Police patrols are regular, 2 or 3 times daily, sign in sheet for the police is located at the very back, building B, police must sign on each visit

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Wrong Arcadia, it's Arcadia Beach Resort, QPM building manager is a woman (useless).

Security guards are also useless I've been told, they do not get involved with confrontation, typical for Thai security

there are a lot of these cheesy condo buildings here. they are basically hotels, not real condo's. similar to an extended stay hotel. would you buy a room there to live in? no, you just book a week, leave, shag and forget about it.

Edited by JimTripper

On 10/19/2023 at 6:05 AM, Cricky said:

Is Arcadia Beach Resort becoming an Airbnb ghetto?  

(name withheld)

Why withhold the name? 😔

It was Arcadia Beach Resort.

My mate told me about this incident.

October was a slow month at Arcadia Beach Resort, only 1 death (stabbing) and this serious injury.

Great place to stay if you're Airbnb, I'd hate to own a condo there.

Edited by Cricky

On 10/31/2023 at 10:07 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I admit my 3 months stay at Arcadia recently was great though

I do like it , but there is only a family mart nearby and you have to walk up the hill to the main road to get a baht bus ,there is a big gay sauna nearby 

Good to hear that you can get away from work for that long. 

Did you get a feel for how it would be to live here?  My first extended stay was back in 2007 and I knew from then that living here wouldn't be a problem for me.  

I rode over to the Arcadia properties and found the locations to be inconvenient.  Didn't see any scumbags or freaks roaming around, but my visit was during the day, and as the song goes "the freaks come out at night". 

I did see a freak on Buakhao this morning at around 6am.  It was a young foreign guy wearing a tutu, blouse and heavy makeup.  Maybe he was heading back to Arcadia after a night on the town. 

7 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

I did see a freak on Buakhao this morning at around 6am.  It was a young foreign guy wearing a tutu, blouse and heavy makeup.  Maybe he was heading back to Arcadia after a night on the town. 

i stopped going to that area for breakfast. i much prefer a local thai eatery near me. the food is better too.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1