More Visa Confusion.....

Hi everybody,

The more i read about all that visa stuff, the more i get confused ; So, i would apreciate if somebody could give me an answer to these questions ? Maybe Mr Lopburi as you always have very wise replies ? Of course i'm also all ears for other's advise...

In about 3 weeks my 1 year Multiple Non Immigrant B visa will expire ; I can NOT apply for a new one anymore..

Now, i read a lot on different websites about the different visa's, but still i'm little bit confused...

So, as far as i can understand from what i read, i guess i can go for this solution (but please correct me if i'm wrong....) :

The day before my 1 year visa expires, can i go to the border and come back with a 30 day stamp (visa on arrivial) ?

Can i repeat this 2 times so i can stay here totally for 90 days (in a 180 day period) ?

After those 90 days i can go to a Thai embassy/consulate abroad to apply for a 2 month Tourist visa and can i extend it on any Immigration office for 1 month ?

PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong.... Thanks !

Some people warned me that they will only give me a 30 day VOA if i have a travel ticket confirmed showing i'm leaving Thailand within that 30 days... They advise me to stay away from the border and go direct to a Thai consulate and get a tourist visa (60 days + 30 day extension).

=> Can one agree with that ? (of course, if i should go to the border i have no ticket to show, but is this an obligation ? How do all the others clear this who go for 3 x 30 days ? Can they show any ticket ? )

Many thanks in advance for any advise !

Robin

1. The day (or two) before your visa expires you exit and return for another 90 day permitted to stay stamp as it will be a non immigrant visa entry.

2. At the end of this period you can do as you mention for 30 day stamps up to 90 days or you can obtain tourist visas and extend for a total of 90 days. If you use tourist visas you do not have to worry about the 90 days in six month rule. If you do not and use 3x30 plus 60+30 you will not be into a new six month period and not be allowed to enter Thailand again on a 30 day visa exempt entry for several days.

3. You are required to have onward transportation for any 30 day entry - how they define that varies by crossing - it may be air ticket within 30 days; or a train or bus ticket in some cases. It is best to obtain tourist visas and only use 30 day entry for an emergency in my opinion. Also remember that you should have 10 or 20k in cash with you when making border runs as it may be subject to check by Immigration.

1. The day (or two) before your visa expires you exit and return for another 90 day permitted to stay stamp as it will be a non immigrant visa entry.

2. At the end of this period you can do as you mention for 30 day stamps up to 90 days or you can obtain tourist visas and extend for a total of 90 days. If you use tourist visas you do not have to worry about the 90 days in six month rule. If you do not and use 3x30 plus 60+30 you will not be into a new six month period and not be allowed to enter Thailand again on a 30 day visa exempt entry for several days.

3. You are required to have onward transportation for any 30 day entry - how they define that varies by crossing - it may be air ticket within 30 days; or a train or bus ticket in some cases. It is best to obtain tourist visas and only use 30 day entry for an emergency in my opinion. Also remember that you should have 10 or 20k in cash with you when making border runs as it may be subject to check by Immigration.

This is VERY clear Lopburi3 ! i was really hoping that you were online to get a smart answer ; i've seen it in the past so many times those replies from you.... Thanks again ! i'm almost sure i will go immediately for the tourist visa in Penang or KL...

One more question about this : do they give in KL or Singapore double enties now ? Thanks again..

Robin

PS : What you mentioned in your first point i already did (the bonus of 90 days)...

Do not believe any of the local Consulates are likely to issue more than single entry tourist visas unless you live in the country.

Sorry for my late reply Lopburi3 ; Had serious probs with computer....

Thanks again for your information !

Robin