Another move to keep kids stupid,

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/09/20/examining-oregon-decision-to-drop-high-school-essential-skill-requirements/

“Politicians and school officials in Oregon are embarrassed that too many minority children fail tests designed to confirm they’ve mastered the ‘essential skills’ that high school is meant to teach,” said WSJ in its editorial. “So in the name of racial equity, they’ve now done the progressive thing.”

And folks in Thailand thinks a western education is superior. Not in this state anyway.

• Like 1

That's just sad.

I witnessed a similar situation at the high school I graduated from.  When I attended, it serve two towns, the one it was located, and the town next to it.   The school was rated #2 in the state, from the 'top'.  

Shortly afterward, 2 more towns were integrated into a 'new' school district.   New taxes of course to build the new school.  Not to be racist, but the one town, very large, was predominately black, and the other joined, predominantly white.

Prior to this, the school had 3 black students ... ever, 2 were my friends & his sister, one my neighbor.  We used to walk to school together, which go me labeled as a N-lover 🤣

Sadly, the joining new students, couldn't keep up, so instead of providing help, with all those new taxes, they simply lowered the grade / point average requirements to pass. 

Still rated #2 in the state ... but from the 'bottom'