Where to find 4TB SSD's in Thailand?

noodleslayer

I want to upgrade my 2TB SSD in my laptop to a 4TB. I mainly am looking for a Samsung 990 Pro 4TB. I see all over places like Lazada, IT City, etc. for 1 and 2 TB versions but it seems borderline impossible to find any 4TB m.2 SSD's in Thailand. I would also accept a WD SN850X 4tb if that's available and the Samsung one isn't. Does anyone know if it's even possible to find 4TB SSD's in Thailand? I am in Bangkok if it matters

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the solution, they are overpriced af lol, it's about 10.8k baht($300) on Amazon.com - if anyone has a link to a better priced than the invadeit link, I'd appreciate that!

On a side note, I also saw that Newegg delivers to Thailand, but its about the same price as the invadeit link but Newegg ships from outside of Thailand I'm pretty sure, I'm not gonna order with Newegg but I'm just curious for future reference, how does Newegg orders work? Do Newegg deliver it right to your address in Thailand or do you have to deal with someone from customs calling you? I'm not sure how that process works as I've never ordered anything from outside of TH

42 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Thanks for the solution, they are overpriced af lol, it's about 10.8k baht($300) on Amazon.com - if anyone has a link to a better priced than the invadeit link, I'd appreciate that!

It's possible that the price was added to this site when the product was released, perhaps shoot them an email to clarify the pricing and maybe there's an update.

Things are often cheaper in the US but when they arrive they often come with plenty of taxes.

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's possible that the price was added to this site when the product was released, perhaps shoot them an email to clarify the pricing and maybe there's an update.

Things are often cheaper in the US but when they arrive they often come with plenty of taxes.

Do you have any idea about my Newegg question? I assume it'd be a hassle to receive items from them, but wondering if u or anyone else knows

2 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Do you have any idea about my Newegg question? I assume it'd be a hassle to receive items from them, but wondering if u or anyone else knows

No idea, I would only ever import from Amazon direct sales (not marketplace sellers) in the US as they handle the import taxes and appear to act as an agent.

For any other type of direct mailed import you may get a letter telling you to come along to customs somewhere with your passport and be subject to the import tax rip off in person - and if you don't pay then you don't get your item. Far too much hassle.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

No idea, I would only ever import from Amazon direct sales (not marketplace sellers) in the US as they handle the import taxes and appear to act as an agent.

For any other type of direct mailed import you may get a letter telling you to come along to customs somewhere with your passport and be subject to the import tax rip off in person - and if you don't pay then you don't get your item. Far too much hassle.

Wow thats great, I am on checkout screen on Amazon screen for 990 Pro 4TB, it's 13.8k THB total with priority shipping to my Bangkok condo. It's shipped by Amazon.com not a random seller, on the checkout screen it says: Sold by: Amazon Export Sales LLC

The import fees deposit on checkout screen is $64. Does this mean it basically covers all the customs costs and will refund me some of the money if the customs price is less than $64?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

The import fees deposit on checkout screen is $64. Does this mean it basically covers all the customs costs and will refund me some of the money if the customs price is less than $64?

Yes, you pay amazon all import fees upfront, and they refund a little usually

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

I guess you could order one from here and have it delivered within a week, they are a reliable supplier :

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/solid-state-drives-ssd/samsung/4tb-990-pro-nvme-pcie-gen-4x4-ssd-m-2-2280-mz-v9p4t0bw-p068968/

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yup ^^^, beat me to it, Invade would be my first stop.

It would be a waste on my laptop, but 4 TB on my desktop I could use as I could use the additional space for Virtual Machines.  But at 15+K THB?  With the pace of technological improvements it will be in my price range in 2 or 3 years. 

Yeah, big capacities seem to be expensive or unavailable here, although you might occasionally find some OK deals on Lazada / Shopee.

Best bet is often to import from Amazon US, UK or Germany, then you don't have to worry about import duty, or you can try AliExpress if you know what you're doing.

9 hours ago, clokwise said:

Don't bother buying SSDs locally, they are insanely expensive or often, as you found, unavailable.

I bought the 2TB variant of the Samsung 990 from Amazon in August. They offered free shipping (took 8 days) and the import fee was only $17 - which a month later was refunded in full. So total cost was US$160.

Yea i ordered the 4tb 990 pro + a m.2 usb enclosure as I've seen that is what you need in order to clone from the old ssd to the new ssd. It's like $64 import fee that got added, and I used the normal shipping, it says estimated November 7 delivery, and I ordered on Oct 25. So, you're saying Amazon charged $17 for the import fee, and then refunded the whole $17, meaning you paid $0 for import? How long did it take for them to refund you?

Edited by noodleslayer
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2023 at 7:03 AM, bbko said:

Well, there goes my rent money for the month!   🙂

26 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

So, you're saying Amazon charged $17 for the import fee, and then refunded the whole $17, meaning you paid $0 for import? How long did it take for them to refund you?

It was appx. one month later. I would add though that that was the only time I've had the entire import fee refunded. Usually it's few dollars only. Sometimes nothing at all.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 9:41 AM, wildpuppet72 said:

Way overpriced ...shopee and look for legends thailand shop they have 100% original samsung or crucial 4tb ssd for 8490 baht included shipping to your door

Lol where do u find this legends shop? I went on shopee and i went to shop and typed 'legends' but there's obviously a ton of different shops with the name legends in the name. give me the exact shop username

54 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Lol where do u find this legends shop? I went on shopee and i went to shop and typed 'legends' but there's obviously a ton of different shops with the name legends in the name. give me the exact shop username

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/legend-thailand/

https://m.facebook.com/legendasiathailand

https://www.legendthailand.com/

https://www.legendthailand.com/product/crucial-4tb-p3-plus-nvme-m2-ssd

https://www.legendthailand.com/product/crucial-4tb-p3-nvme-m2-ssd

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, NextG said:

Thanks, clearly that guy who mentioned legends was trolling because theres no 4tb 990 pro in their shop. I have an MSI ge76 and i already bought 990 pro off amazon.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like I said some people must feel stupid for buying 4tb ssd for 17000 baht this seller send to your door shipping and no import duty for less than 65 baht shipping I can keep find them I don't know where you guys looking but the seller must still be laughing with the prices you mention 😎🙏

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain: