Where to find 4TB SSD's in Thailand?

noodleslayer

Amazon.com $279 + ~$55 taxes and delivery. Warranty is global. Probably the cheapest way to go 4tb. 20-30% cheaper than local prices.

SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD 4TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Hard Drive, Seq. Read Speeds Up to 7,450 MB/s for High End Computing, Gaming, and Heavy Duty Workstations, MZ-V9P4T0B/AM https://a.co/d/9yxbyXk

In August I got a Samsung 4TB T7 external for $219, with $25 import fee and free shipping from Amazon (on Prime, yes, this is not an internal SSD).  It was far cheaper than the Thailand price. 

I also noticed that over the course of a month the Amazon price jumped up and down quite a bit (about $35 if I recall).  This kind of variation seems much more common than it used to be -- I guess that wholesalers are more sensitive to the cost of carrying inventory than they once were.   I've seen the same thing happen with 18TB Samusng external drives, whose Thai price has been more reasonable. 

Edited by retiree

On 10/25/2023 at 5:31 AM, Crossy said:

Yup ^^^, beat me to it, Invade would be my first stop.

Only third stop AFAIC: Advice, Jib, InvadeIT and then others like Banana, Powerbuy, etc..

But yes for an Item that isn't on catalog InvadeIT, being smaller, is more likely to respond.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 5:22 AM, noodleslayer said:

I see all over places like Lazada

Do NOT buy large SSD's from Lazada or Shopee! 

I bought 1 TB SSD from each of the above, both turned out to be 256 GB for actual use, although it said 1 TB all over the place including their boxes, and they had 5 Star Reviews!  Go figure!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Do NOT buy large SSD's from Lazada or Shopee! 

I bought 1 TB SSD from each of the above, both turned out to be 256 GB for actual use, although it said 1 TB all over the place including their boxes, and they had 5 Star Reviews!  Go figure!!!

Buy from reputable dealers(LazMall etc) or direct from manufacturer. e.g. https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/siliconpowerofficialstore/

If you go for the cheapest of the cheap, you might get stung.