Nationwide Banking app

I posed this question on another thread but it got swamped by other comments so here goes (again).

Has anyone any experience with the Nationwide Banking app on a Thai mobile. Can you do it and what hoops, if any, do you have to jump through to get it working ??

Thanks.

10 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Worked fine on a new Thai phone July 2023, but to set up you need a one time code SMS sent to your registered phone number to activate it (which was a UK number which I had with me)

Thanks UKResonant. That's what concerns me. My registered phone number is a UK landline and I only have a Thai mobile (which IS listed in my internet banking account). I've heard these 'one time codes' are hit and miss as to whether or not a Thai mobile will receive them. I've had problems with them not arriving before.

I posed this question because in another thread someone said he was told by a NW staff member that card readers would be phased out at some point. This is a bit disconcerting if you can't set the mobile banking app up and even more so if you don't own a smart phone, wherever you live - and yes some older folks don't like them and don't use them.