Motorbike Training?

dddave

A good friend who lives in Buriram caved in to pressure and bought his 15 year old son a new Yamaha Aerox.  The boy is a good kid and generally responsible but the dad is worried.  

I had already been driving motorcycles for 25 years when I took a MSF weekend rider training course. Not that there was anything I could learn that I didn't already know but because completion of the course entitled me to a significant insurance discount.  Boy, did I get a surprise.  Turned out, most of what I "knew", was wrong!  Proper braking, line projection, steering...every facet of riding was relearned that weekend.  It disturbed me enough that I later took a racing course just to hone my skills even more.

I told my friend about this and he agreed something similar would be best for his son.  I know Yamaha has some sort of training course at their headquarters off the BangNa-Trad Hi-way.  Do any here know of any other well run rider safety courses available?  Any associated with the Buriram race track?

Has anybody here ever taken a local riding course?

Edited by dddave

Local dealers are all trained from Headquater at YRA, I know Honda gives them for free with bike purchase, best ask the dealer if they have that locally

anyway he'll need a licence course, which is 2-3 days 

there's also basic course you can do before or after

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dddave said:

A good friend who lives in Buriram caved in to pressure and bought his 15 year old son a new Yamaha Aerox.  The boy is a good kid and generally responsible but the dad is worried.  

You'd better start by telling your 'good friend' that his son cannot legally ride his shiny new Aerox until he is 18 years old. Until then he's limited to no more than 110cc.