Where to report a scam pharmacy? Besides the police

JoseThailand

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

You need to be extremely cautious doing the "name and shame" cha cha in Thailand. Even if what you claim is 100% true and verifiable, it can backfire on you for doing public defamation.

Case in point: I know a guy who owned a bar in Jomtien years ago. The manager he hired ripped him off, all the way to tearing the copper pipes out of the wall. When my friend reported it to the police, this bastard manager took the OWNER to court for public defamation for the things he put in the police report! All true and verifiable. My friend spent Christmas day that year in court defending himself.

I recommend telling your friends and avoid patronizing the pharmacy. Anything more public could put you in harm's way.

I'm asking where I can report the scammers. I'm not naming the pharmacy here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And I'M telling you if you do, you have to go public with a recorded statement. Proceed at your own possible peril.

I wish you get scammed by some pharmacy crooks when you are sick and go buy some medicine. Maybe then you will change your perspective.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

Next vacation I suggest you find another country to visit. You and Thailand are obviously not a good fit.

Thanks man. I've been here almost 4 years non stop. And believe me, this pharmacy are not the first crooks that I reported on. 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You need to be extremely cautious doing the "name and shame" cha cha in Thailand. Even if what you claim is 100% true and verifiable, it can backfire on you for doing public defamation.

Case in point: I know a guy who owned a bar in Jomtien years ago. The manager he hired ripped him off, all the way to tearing the copper pipes out of the wall. When my friend reported it to the police, this bastard manager took the OWNER to court for public defamation for the things he put in the police report! All true and verifiable. My friend spent Christmas day that year in court defending himself.

I recommend telling your friends and avoid patronizing the pharmacy. Anything more public could put you in harm's way.

"My friend spent Christmas day that year in court defending himself. "

So did your friend win or lose this case in court?

Because some people with a moral compass are ready to lose a day for doing what they think is the right thing to do...

Edited by Andre0720
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Thanks man. I've been here almost 4 years non stop. And believe me, this pharmacy are not the first crooks that I reported on. 😉

So, you've only been scammed by this pharmacy for 4 years??? Let us know how you fare in the next 12 months! :thumbsup:

Edited by 2baht
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

"My friend spent Christmas day that year in court defending himself. "

So did your friend win or lose this case in court?

Because some people with a moral compass are ready to lose a day for doing what they think is the right thing to do...

That day in court was to defend HIMSELF!

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Did he win or lose?

8 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Did he win or lose?

He didn't win the case (the bum manager never paid for his crime), but he kept himself out of jail for making defamatory statements in the police report.

Edited by HappyExpat57