Vitamins in Pattaya

mrblonde

I don't know about the UK, but vitamins in the USA generally cost a small fraction of what they cost in Thailand.   Same with aspirin, Tylenol and ibuprofen.  (That's if you can even find 325mg or 500mg aspirin in Thailand)

Compare prices between Lazada.co.th and your home country's Amazon if you want to figure out whether it's worthwhile to carry them in your luggage.

Edited by impulse

8 hours ago, JensenZ said:

you think taking Vitamin C is for preventing colds/flu, then you're still living in the dark ages.

Perhpas if you read my comment properly:

14 hours ago, nglodnig said:

-  it does nothing to prevent or cure colds/flu - this was a myth.

Keep popping dem pills!

16 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Vit C waste of time, just drink a fruit juice. I am told there is NO NEED for vit supplements with a healthy diet unless you have sort of medical problem. The exception being Vit D in winter in northern parts but you should get pleny of sun in Thailand all year round so also no need.

And then there's vid on YouTube explaining the vitamin C in an orange isn't the same as lab made one in tablets. I didn't bother learning the exact chemistry of it because I just eat oranges and kiss sweet lips a lot.

• Like 1

It's worth buying a sealed bottle just for the trip. Vitamins can be expensive here and kind of hard to find.

If you live here and want to get them shipped Usana office in Bangkok has the best vitamins around. Their office is near the Bts at lumphini park.

https://www.usana.com/ux/cart/th-TH/product/101.280802

Edited by JimTripper

16 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Everyone NEEDS vitamin and mineral supplements AND a "healthy diet", whatever that might be. Sounds like you've been talking to doctors. Good luck trying to get all your vitamins and minerals from eating the illusive "healthy diet". Yes, minerals are tough to get and just as important. I need Vitamin D3 more in Thailand than where I used to live in Australia.

The tropical sun is too harsh to spend enough time in it to get a sufficient dose of D. I stay out of the sun. The damage to your skin and the risk of melanoma is not worth the vitamin D you'll get, especially if you have very fair skin. I want 10,000 to 15,000 IU per day. You're not getting that from the sun unless you spend hours in it, with your shirt off. Caucasians don't have the right skin for this intense tropical sun. Vitamin D3 is one of the cheapest supplements you can get, and don't forget to load up on Vitamin C too, and collagen peptides.

To the OP... there's no problem traveling with lots of vitamin bottles. I always have when going on vacation. They'll be more expensive in Thailand. I buy all mine online from iHerb. If you must buy here, try Lazada. There's a huge range on there that you cannot get off the shelf in Thailand.

I travel with my own bottles of vitamins as well and if I need more while in Thailand I will definitely use Lazada. 

You need to take vitaminD 2.000IU daily because our body can not absorb 2.000IU so you can estimate to absorb 1.000IU -1500IU.But I dont understand Thailand is sunshine country and our body produse vitaminD in the sun........

I suggest you to take : Bone support vitamin with K2 -Magnesium -Omega-3-and VitaminC which elderly people need 3.000 mg daily ......so you can estimate our body to absorb 1.500mg -2.000mg vitamin C in the best case! If you take vitamins do not drink water 2 hours before/after meals in order our body to absorb them.An orange has little quantity of vitamin C about 5mg so our body absorb 0.5mg -1mg.

Edited by Paris333

7 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

You need to take vitaminD 2.000IU daily because our body can not absorb 2.000IU so you can estimate to absorb 1.000IU -1500IU.But I dont understand Thailand is sunshine country and our body produse vitaminD in the sun........

I suggest you to take : Bone support vitamin with K2 -Magnesium -Omega-3-and VitaminC which elderly people need 3.000 mg daily ......so you can estimate our body to absorb 1.500mg -2.000mg vitamin C in the best case! If you take vitamins do not drink water 2 hours before/after meals in order our body to absorb them.An orange has little quantity of vitamin C about 5mg so our body absorb 0.5mg -1mg.

I try to stay out of the Sun especially in skin cancer Australia

The Sun in Australia is a hot burning sun almost like a blowtorch

Even in Thailand my skin becomes red

I prefer capsules but I'm not sure , someone actually told me we need sun 

On 10/30/2023 at 11:30 PM, nglodnig said:

Vit C waste of time, just drink a fruit juice. I am told there is NO NEED for vit supplements with a healthy diet unless you have sort of medical problem. The exception being Vit D in winter in northern parts but you should get pleny of sun in Thailand all year round so also no need.

This is wrong. 

Too many peer-reviewed studies have shown that sunlight cannot get your D3 levels to where they ought to be. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, mrblonde said:

Thanks all, looks like it'll be fine to bring some new vit's in from the UK in my suitcase. 

Yes for a typical holiday stay just take the necessary amount for personal use.

For those who stay longtime in Thailand I suggest to order online.

iHerb is a company much recommended as mentioned in this thread.