Reporting to Immigration After Returning to Thailand.

A colleague was at Jomtien today for a Re Entry Permit, the I.O. informed him even though he has a ‘Retirement Visa and lived at the same for years when he returns to Thailand he has to report to Immigration, is this an old rule they have reintroduced ?

If I understand the question correctly. 

There must be some misunderstanding,

As far as I know, you only need to report every 90 days.

I am here on an extension to stay based on marriage. I am leaving the country a couple of weeks before I need to do my 90 day reporting. Wife called IO and asked if I needed to do my 90 day a bit earlier since I  was leaving before the required day, she was told that since I was not here for 90 days after my last report, I did not have to do a 90 day reporting and when I came back the count would reset to zero and I would need to wait 90 days to do my reporting .

Is it different for retirement? 

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am here on an extension to stay based on marriage. I am leaving the country a couple of weeks before I need to do my 90 day reporting. Wife called IO and asked if I needed to do my 90 day a bit earlier since I  was leaving before the required day, she was told that since I was not here for 90 days after my last report, I did not have to do a 90 day reporting and when I came back the count would reset to zero and I would need to wait 90 days to do my reporting .

No, it is the same.

I have just had to do it and I am on a marriage extension, they want you to do a TM 30 report.

I have lived in Thailand for 16 years, travelled in and out on a regular basis and now they want it after telling me years ago that I did not have to. It took me 2 hours to do it at Jomtien and I noted that so many people are going to the counter (10A) and getting rejected -wrong counter and paperwork!

There are other threads on here but I don't have time to quote right now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Jomtien has local rules on TM30 (different from the official rules) that they may or may not enforce.

appears that jomtien is following thru with the "new procedures" as reported in Pattaya Mail and on this forum not long ago.........rightly or wrongly TIT.  

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Jomitien and few others ...

CM another, just want to feel special.

Just Rogue offices.

The change in TM30 requirements were very clear June 2020.

All folk can do it comply with their own immigration office. 

I agree but why do they keep moving the goalpost, we all thought we were moving forward when they ditched the TM6, 2 steps forward 1 back now, It’s not as if the TM 30 generates any cash only from owners who don’t comply with it.

I asked my owner for the receipt, it was obvious he hadn’t done one and he said cost him ฿500 via a ‘friend’ for a receipt.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Jomitien and few others ...

CM another, just want to feel special.

Just Rogue offices.

The change in TM30 requirements were very clear June 2020.

All folk can do it comply with their own immigration office. 

Yes, the rules were very clear. If you travel inside Thailand and return to the same address, you do not have to do anything. If you travel abroad and return, you will have to announce your return to your immigration office, even if it is the same address.

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, the rules were very clear. If you travel inside Thailand and return to the same address, you do not have to do anything. If you travel abroad and return, you will have to announce your return to your immigration office, even if it is the same address.

As usual you are completely incorrect.

The changes to TM30 rules June 2020 have been posted Often

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Please provide a link to these revised (country wide) rules. The latest Police Order that I have seen made public was Regulation For TM30 Reporting (June 2020) . That contains:

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay tahat has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

The alien mentioned in paragraph 1 shall include any alien receiving a multiply entry visa who departs the Kingdom and returns within the validity of visa and any alien permitted to re-enter into the Kingdom with a valid re-entry permit. 

(emphasis mine)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Wrong...as others have said.

Copy the attached for your reference and education.

TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

this is not about 90 day reporting.

It is about having a current TM30 dated after your last entry in to Thailand.

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

this is not about 90 day reporting.

It is about having a current TM30 dated after your last entry in to Thailand.

correct......as per jomtiens reported change in procedures, rightly or wrongly, but quite clearly stated in the pattaya mail article several weeks ago (DYOR).

• Like 1