Something Strange Just Happened

gharknes

My internet went down for about 3 hours today and when it came back on it had been upgraded to 1024/512, I did not request this upgrade it just happened, anyone else got experience of this

I live in Pattaya, previous speed was 512/256, it has definately changed

Yes, maxnet is giving free upgrades for those who have had more than one year of continuous service. I saw this promotion on my last monthly bill, but it also said that you have to apply for it. I went to the TT&T office, asked for it (no application necessary) and they told me my (wife's) account will be upgraded on the 30th. I assume if you have prepaid for the 6 month or 12 month discount promotion and you do not get a monthly bill, then you are just getting it for free without actually asking (or apparently even knowing about) it.

Could that explain why for the last few days my normaly excellent 1024 service has been acting like a 128 service! Too many subscribers now getting it for free?

Chris

I just checked via my modem/router's software, and my MaxNet 1Mbps has been upgraded to 2Mbps. Not bad for B1000/month! (Upload speed still 512Kbps, but that's fine with me.)