House / land tax - is it exist?

Yep, but it's peanuts. Also (at least outside of Bangkok) it's not a big deal if you miss the yearly payment - just added next time, maybe with a small 'fine'. After 5 (or 10, I forgets) years you'll get a warning - but not much of a fine either.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes you do,just take your ownership papers and go to your local Tessabahn.

Yes visit the Tessabahn or Or Bor Tor dependent on location.

They also might want to see printed pictures of the house & land with the Chanote number on the prints. 

My land and the house I own there consists of 2 equal parcels totaling 3.5 rai. 

The parcel with house is considered developed land and no tax was due this year. 

The second parcel has been developed as an agriculture area with many plants and an outbuilding with no tax due this year. 

The land tax office was very easy to work with and hopefully future years will be the same. 

cheers!

• Like 2

Just last week we had a group of people in the Moo Bahn ,with cameras and clipboards,

the wife asked them what they were up too , measuring for land taxes ,we have never

been asked or paid any taxes on our properties , either at this Moo Bahn or others where

we have property , so looks like the new Government may be trying to claw some taxes

in from property owners and Farangs bringing earnings into Thailand , to pay for the

proposed 10 k wallet scheme .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countryman said:

Just last week we had a group of people in the Moo Bahn ,with cameras and clipboards,

the wife asked them what they were up too , measuring for land taxes ,we have never

been asked or paid any taxes on our properties , either at this Moo Bahn or others where

we have property , so looks like the new Government may be trying to claw some taxes

in from property owners and Farangs bringing earnings into Thailand , to pay for the

proposed 10 k wallet scheme .....

I don't think it's that.

Since the 'earnings' are rather slim (tax is low, and many seem to ignore it), local authorities don't prioritize it much.

They did this 'survey' thing here some years ago, probably again when someone notices discrepancies or a new broom gets a position.

• Thumbs Up 1