Rudest farangs or Thais by location

bignok

Just now, MrPancake said:

Nope. No Paddy Doyle here.

Btw Kalasin is probably the most depressing town I've visited.

If Thailand had a bumhole it would be it.

I went there for the dinosaurs sites.

Impossible to reach.

No transportation, nothing.

It was right after covid.

Bored af for a week.

So whats your top 5 towns?

7 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Nope. No Paddy Doyle here.

Btw Kalasin is probably the most depressing town I've visited.

If Thailand had a bumhole it would be it.

I went there for the dinosaurs sites.

Impossible to reach.

No transportation, nothing.

It was right after covid.

Bored af for a week.

Interesting. I went there for the dinosaur sites too and I loved it there. I found the people were very nice and friendly. I rarely go anywhere without my car though. After having a baht bus try to charge me 1,000 baht for a short journey in Had Yai and having to put up with taxis in Phuket, I decided driving was easier. 

For me the rudest Thai's are between Bang Kapi and Minburi. For westerners, I've not really seen enough of us here to say.

35 minutes ago, bignok said:

So whats your top 5 towns?

Udon Thani is the best place to chill. You got Central Plaza for shopping and right next to it a whole bunch of bars and restaurants to relax. The night market next to the train station has the best street food I've eaten in Thailand and prices are great. You'll find farangs here but the expat community is small and laid back - mostly old dudes with their bargirl spouse. Saphantamit nightlife is ok-ish.

Chiang Mai is the best place for nature. The entire Doi Suthep area is really something. Walking up there via the CM university and then pushing to the tribal villages lost in the mountains is a great experience imo. So many things to discover in that jungle. Very few people have the energy to do it so you essentially have the hills for yourself most of the time. The Malin Plaza area is great for food. Loy Kroh nightlife is decent.

Bangkok is the best place for parties. I don't really like the city but it has by far the best nightlife: bars, gogos, clubs, etc... Much better than in Pattaya or Phuket. The nocturnal crowd in the Nana Plaza area is really weird at times - it can be fascinating. But I don't think it's gonna last. Soi Cowboy has already taken the "Walking Street path" and sucks big time. Nana Plaza next ? Would be sad but hey...

Pattaya is the best place overall. That city is pretty fantastic really. It has a bad reputation but it offers everything you need when you need it. Sex, shopping, beaches, food, bars, massages, island hopping... Jomtien is great for street food. Not as cheap as Isaan but it is still pretty cheap if you know where to look. Nightlife sucks imo (girls are just totally moronic these days)...

No number 5 for now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Interesting. I went there for the dinosaur sites too and I loved it there. I found the people were very nice and friendly. I rarely go anywhere without my car though. After having a baht bus try to charge me 1,000 baht for a short journey in Had Yai and having to put up with taxis in Phuket, I decided driving was easier. 

For me the rudest Thai's are between Bang Kapi and Minburi. For westerners, I've not really seen enough of us here to say.

That very true. Kalasin people are very friendly indeed.

If I had a car back then it would have been to different story for sure.

Maybe next time :))

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Udon Thani is the best place to chill. You got Central Plaza for shopping and right next to it a whole bunch of bars and restaurants to relax. The night market next to the train station has the best street food I've eaten in Thailand and prices are great. You'll find farangs here but the expat community is small and laid back - mostly old dudes with their bargirl spouse. Saphantamit nightlife is ok-ish.

Chiang Mai is the best place for nature. The entire Doi Suthep area is really something. Walking up there via the CM university and then pushing to the tribal villages lost in the mountains is a great experience imo. So many things to discover in that jungle. Very few people have the energy to do it so you essentially have the hills for yourself most of the time. The Malin Plaza area is great for food. Loy Kroh nightlife is decent.

Bangkok is the best place for parties. I don't really like the city but it has by far the best nightlife: bars, gogos, clubs, etc... Much better than in Pattaya or Phuket. The nocturnal crowd in the Nana Plaza area is really weird at times - it can be fascinating. But I don't think it's gonna last. Soi Cowboy has already taken the "Walking Street path" and sucks big time. Nana Plaza next ? Would be sad but hey...

Pattaya is the best place overall. That city is pretty fantastic really. It has a bad reputation but it offers everything you need when you need it. Sex, shopping, beaches, food, bars, massages, island hopping... Jomtien is great for street food. Not as cheap as Isaan but it is still pretty cheap if you know where to look. Nightlife sucks imo (girls are just totally moronic these days)...

No number 5 for now...

Barista Brasserie bar & restaurant

Best bar in Udon

• Thumbs Up 1