Haemorrhoids

stuartd1

Only answer is surgery, best £2000 I ever spent in the UK. Had the operation done many years ago, never had the slightest problem since. Whether I'd trust the Cowboys in Thailand is a different story. Recovery not pleasant especially first few bowl movements, but get it done because the alternative I know is miserable. good luck 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toby1947 said:

Only answer is surgery, best £2000 I ever spent in the UK. Had the operation done many years ago, never had the slightest problem since. Whether I'd trust the Cowboys in Thailand is a different story. Recovery not pleasant especially first few bowl movements, but get it done because the alternative I know is miserable. good luck 

The standard of medical care I've received in Thailand has always been first class. I've had one minor operation, a couple of procedures and one heart op., all were first class. There are some top rated doctors here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I suffered with hard stools and bleeding haemorrhoids for much of my life, had bright red blood on the toilet paper and was forever inserting suppositories in my rectum, and trying various treatments. Then about 30 years ago I totally ceased eating all meat and went on a vegetarian diet. And hey presto. All that rectum trouble totally stopped, now bleeding haemorrhoids is a distant memory.

Moved to the Health forum, and inappropriate/unhelpful replies removed.

@stuartd1  Stage 3 hemorrhoids usually require surgery, whether done with excision, laser or radioablation (Raefolo) it is fairly straightfoward and often just a day procedure. Some hospitals have the Raefolo technicque (which is still considered a surgery). I know Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok does it, possible the Bkk Hosp Chiang Mai does but not sure. It will likely cost more than conventional surgery .

You need to see a colo-rectal surgeon. Suggest Assoc. Prof.  Suwan Sanmee who can be seen at either Bangkok Hospital CM or at Sripat.

https://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/doctor/dr-suwan-sanmee-m-d/

https://sriphat.med.cmu.ac.th/en/doctor/detail/390

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Cowboys? Obviously you don't have a clue.

10 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I looked around to inspect my surrounding and realised at that point that the back wall of the very large operating theatre was lined with about 20 student nurses that had been brought in to observe a real live operation, and by default my bum!

I don't mind ladies looking at my bum as long as I can look at theirs in return. :sleepy:

Edited by Dexxter

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

What cowboys are is this you speak of.

I've had a couple of operations done here over the years and the medical treatment i received was outstanding. The private hospitals are excellent, albiet expensive if uninsured.

Ditto ... Thai surgeons, - the best ones in the best Private hospitals (or Chula University Hospital) are second to none globally. "Cowboys" indeed! 🥴 ... don't know what he's talking about!

12 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I looked around to inspect my surrounding and realised at that point that the back wall of the very large operating theatre was lined with about 20 student nurses that had been brought in to observe a real live operation, and by default my bum!

Hope you smiled Mike.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not stage 3, but 40 years ago had haemorrhoid problem, sore, itchy and regular blood loss. I cured it by going on high fibre - mainly wholemeal bread. Took about 5 years. Have occasional relapses if i get constipated, maybe a couple of times a year, but clears up within a few days. I also avoid chilies. 98% of the time no issues at all.