What topic would you like to discuss?

bignok

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

As She was the last winner, wouldn't She then keep the trophy for ever more ?

It was a he, and there was no trophy, it was a Christmas fun thread, and you seem to know very little about it, think I won it in 2017.........:biggrin:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Totally off-topic, (well almost, but a fun story anyway!).

20 years ago when I wrote a very successful chat AI text messaging program, I deliberately wrote the code so that the AI persona DID get annoyed by annoying or rude questions from the live person.  For example, if the person texted "you're not very smart are you?", my chat program would reply with something like "Well, I'm much smarter than a dumbass like you!".

Why did I write the code this way?  Because each text message received from my AI program cost the end-user about $1.5 USD! (the user was aware of this but why they would pay to be insulted was beyond me!).

I made a lot of money from the abusive messages that my system sent in response to abuse from end-users! :)

I "tested" ChatGPT with a programming question. And then I asked for some changes. And after ChatGPT replied like "change this line from A to B" I replied with: I am not sure, can you just repeat the whole code so that I can copy and paste it.

ChatGPT did that, and was nice all the time.

That was for me one of the confirmations that it was really a computer response. Most support people would have told me very soon to do my s#%$ alone. 

I got an idea for topic ... open a thread and see who can out insult each other.

... oh wait, that's every thread.  

Another day, another ... 'why did I bother' thought.  Not much new in the EV or Solar world.

.... carry on, see if you can hit 10 pages by tomorrow, or before closed.

2 to 1 odds, it doesn't make past 5 pages.

Edited by KhunLA

45 minutes ago, transam said:

The last POTY winner was an Australian bloke called Yinn.

After that episode, TVF decided to stop the contest, after all, it was never a TVF instigated contest...

So my framed photo will remain, with the few, on the corridor walls of TVF headquarters....:intheclub:

Last POTY was a Thai lady from Ranong, one on here imagined they can not only tell a persons sex, but also nationality from an IP address. Four years later they still cannot let go that this info passed to them by a third party was nonsense and they still cannot accept they were wrong. All envy, meanness and laughable.:smile:

Edited by proton
  • Love It 1

What's happend to the old staples, a bumgun thread, a sinsod thread, and that old faithful "what happend to high season" ?

On a serious note, I always thought it would be interesting to have a census of members, Age, what visa/extension, do you use an agent etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

People can be any gender they like these days , if She wanted to self identify as a "he" , then she would have my full support .

Of course, but in the Yinn case, which has been confirmed by a member of staff here, she was actually a he, posing as a she. But he didn't get removed for that, think I recall it was continuously having a go at farangy's, baitng etc, when she/he joined to improve English skills. :biggrin:

More or less the same happened at another forum, got removed after the being tracked as a girlie imposter and troll.....:cowboy:

10 minutes ago, proton said:

Last POTY was a Thai lady from Ranong, one on here imagined they can not only tell a persons sex, but also nationality from an IP address. Four years later they still cannot let go that this info passed to them by a third party was nonsense and they still cannot accept they were wrong. All envy, meanness and laughable.:smile:

Who brings it up, certainly not me, just those who were hoodwinked are still sulking..

I do recall he/she was actually traced to an island, can't remember which.

But, you carry on, your issue, not mine...:smile:

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I got an idea for topic ... open a thread and see who can out insult each other.

... oh wait, that's every thread.  

Another day, another ... 'why did I bother' thought.  Not much new in the EV or Solar world.

.... carry on, see if you can hit 10 pages by tomorrow, or before closed.

2 to 1 odds, it doesn't make past 5 pages.

True. The only topics that are half decent are the travel ones. At least get some decent info.

I think most of these guys just bum around in 1 city and dont get out much. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Of course, but in the Yinn case, which has been confirmed by a member of staff here, she was actually a he, posing as a she. But he didn't get removed for that, think I recall it was continuously having a go at farangy's, baitng etc, when she/he joined to improve English skills. :biggrin:

More or less the same happened at another forum, got removed after the being tracked as a girlie imposter and troll.....:cowboy:

How is it possible to determine a posters gender from online posts ?

(She was removed from the other place because of your temper tantrums and false allegations )

• Thanks 2

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

How is it possible to determine a posters gender from online posts ?

(She was removed from the other place because of your temper tantrums and false allegations )

Don't be ridiculous..................:cheesy:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

, if people were banned for baiting and bullying you would have been toast on both forums a long time ago. Another member met her and another said she helped him with his Thai, but you know better. Her instant responses on Thai music could never have been an Australian bloke, and the time of posting. I do know an Australian Thai music fan, James Mitchell Phd (in Thai music) but apart from the history of Kratai Yinn knew more than him. So if it had of been an Australian it would have pretty remarkable. Thai woman almost always get bullied off falang run Thai forums, from the first nanplaza.com to this and the dreadful TT. Intelligent Thai women just scare some people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Nominate your preferred topic

Nose pickling.!! I am sure it is on the top of everyone's list. 

. Just the other day I was wondering why it is pleasurable, when I pick my nose , to make a little ball with it and roll it beweep the tips of my thumb and my forefinger. I mostly do it with my right hand (the rolling) but sometimes for variety I use my left. 

I always try to start a conversation about that, but for some unexplained reason, people look at me strange.

What's up with that? What's wrong with people? 

Edited by sirineou
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Nose pickling. 

. Just the other day I was wondering why it is pleasurable, when I pick my nose , to make a little ball with it and roll it beweep the tips of my thumb and my forefinger. I mostly do it with my right hand (the rolling) but sometimes for variety I use my left. 

I always try to start a conversation about that, but for some unexplained reason, people look at me strange.

What's up with that? What's wrong with people? 

Congratulations bignok.

You're dumbing down the conversations and lowering people's IQs.

Keep up the good work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Obviously it's your fate until you block him

That will never happen. They both thrive off of antagonising each other. Pretty much ruins every thread though.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Keeps said:

That will never happen. They both thrive off of antagonising each other. Pretty much ruins every thread though.

Who's confused? Is that you transam?

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Congratulations bignok.

You're dumbing down the conversations and lowering people's IQs.

Keep up the good work. 

Not my fault there's a lot of low IQ people here. Perhaps they should have finished school. I speak 4 languages and have 2 degrees.

What do you have Frog?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2