90 day reporting

Hi All

I recently received a reminder from Immigration that my 90 day report was due 2 weeks hence. However I had been to Europe in September and returned to Thailand on a re-entry permit which was stamped on my return to Suvarnabhumi. My understanding was that absence and re-entry would re-set the time clock and my revised 90 day report would be due in mid December. I emailed Immigration who didn't reply so I asked my wife to phone them. That's when my problems began. The IO told my wife that they do NOT issue reminders, therefore the email I had received must be a scam (despite the fact that all my details were correct). After toing and froing through several subsequent phone calls the IO eventually conceded that they DO in fact issue reminders, automatically via computer so the information the IO had given to my wife several times was completely incorrect.

Having established that the reminder was indeed genuine and not a scam the IO asked my wife if I had notified my address to immigration within 24 hours of my arrival. This completely floored me since I thought that all I was required to do was to ensure that I made the IO at the airport aware of the fact that I was entering Thailand on a re-entry permit. I was completely unaware of the requirement upon me to notify my address within 24 hours of arrival and there were no issues highlighted following a previous absence in May, again using a re-entry permit. Clearly I have misunderstood the requirements and fortunately no further action is envisaged due to my failure to comply with this requirement in September. Having given a long-winded outline of the situation, may I ask forum members how in fact I should notify Immigration of my address within 24 hours of arrival - should I follow the TM47 route, or is there another form I must use?

Thanks to all in anticipation of some useful advice. 

OP, ignore the reminder.

Your 90 day clock was reset when you reentered.

That stamp date is day 1..

As for the TM30 it is not required however some immigration offices are not following the rule changes to TM30 made June 2020.

Thinking CM is one example.

Which immigration office? 

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As for the TM30 it is

On 6/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, nerjaron said:

DrJack54 - that was my understanding also. In fact when I re-entered the country in September I naively thought that by stamping my re-entry permit "Used" the Immigration Department (Korat) would somehow know that I had left Thailand and returned, and that their time clock would have been adjusted to expect my 90 day report in December rather than November. I queried the reminder because I was afraid that if I ignored it I would be in breach of the regulations and deported!

not required however some immigration offices are not following the rule changes to TM30 made June 2020.

My recent 90-day reporting experience - got my notice 16 days prior to due date (Monday), on day 15 ((Tuesday I did the on-line report with and

sent it in during the morning.  I received my new 90-day report date on Thursday morning.  Great service and much better than what we used to

be required to do.  This was with the CM immigration office.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, ignore the reminder.

Your 90 day clock was reset when you reentered.

That stamp date is day 1..

As for the TM30 it is not required however some immigration offices are not following the rule changes to TM30 made June 2020.

I beleive Jomtien have said you need a TM30 when doing a 90 Day Report ?

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I beleive Jomtien have said you need a TM30 when doing a 90 Day Report ?

Jomtien is just one crazy immigration office.

Yes I think you are correct currently Jomitien is requiring TM30.

Just another crackpot office. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Those reminders can be wrong, I had a couple, now corrected. I'd ignore the TM30, too late now anyway as they will fine you circ 2k whenever you go, if in deed due. As stated above clock starts on arrival

In this case the reminder is not wrong.....well, it is wrong in that the system is not joined up and the reminder should not have been sent because of his recent arrival.

The system will send the remainder 16 days before the reporting date it has on file. Reentry to Thailand is not picked up on the system and therefore the reporting date does not get changed.

5 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Have used Jomtien for 10 years, never had a problem and they provide a good Service.

If the latest press reports are correct (and the latest response you had suggests this is the case) you need a 'current' TM30 to any business with Jomtien...that includes 90 day reporting - but you do it on line anyway so you would not need to physically interact with the Jomtien office.

If you wish to be completely within the rules your wife should submit a new TM30 and you should get a new TM30 receipt stapled into your passport. 

• Like 1