Fatal stabbing rocks peaceful village in Nakhon Phanom

snoop1130

ผตองหา_คนนง-696x476-1.jpg

A tragic incident unfolded in the village of Phathai, Tha Uthen, Nakhon Phanom, where a 48 year old local man was fatally stabbed multiple times by a 56 year old man from Loei province. The killing took place on a dusty road near the perpetrator’s residence at around 5.30pm yesterday.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Saewang Khonklong, station chief of Tha Uthen Police Station, revealed that after the suspect, San, stabbed the victim, Ratchan, to death, he fled the scene.

The suspect, being an outsider, feared retaliation from the victim’s family. Today, a combined team of investigators from Tha Uthen Police Station and Nakhon Phanom Provincial Police arrested San at his residence, which is located just 50 metres across from the victim’s house. The arrest was facilitated by local administrative officials persuading the victim’s family to bring him in.

Initial investigations revealed that Ratchan, the deceased, often had disputes with San and would regularly insult him for being an outsider. Before the incident, Ratchan had come to San’s house, banging on the door and threatening him with a gun and a stick. The noise from the door banging provoked San, who couldn’t stand it any longer, so he grabbed a knife and attacked Ratchan, which led to his death, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Caption: Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

Sounds like the man was being persistently bullied. The bully arrived at his house threatening him with a gun. He snapped And the stupid bully paid the price. In this case I have some sympathy for the perpetrator who had nowhere to run

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RobU said:

Sounds like the man was being persistently bullied. The bully arrived at his house threatening him with a gun. He snapped And the stupid bully paid the price. In this case I have some sympathy for the perpetrator who had nowhere to run

He could have videoed the home invasion and threats from the neighbour San... then taken the evidence to the police.

Murder is murder... 

• Haha 1

San paints a picture of being the victim. Sounds like the usual Thai wrongdoer excuses (i.e. he was too noisy, the brakes failed, he owed me money, he called me names, etc.)  And now someone is dead.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He could have videoed the home invasion and threats from the neighbour San... then taken the evidence to the police.

Murder is murder... 

So he should have allowed the bully to beat him with the stick whilst threatening him with a gun and taken a video at the same time. Of course you are right he should not have defended himself or retaliated