SCB app and paying PWA bill - or not.......

Is anybody else having issues trying to pay their PWA bill via the SCB mobile app?

I have had no issues with scanning and paying the PEA bill but PWA is variable. Last month read the bar code and paid it first attempt.

This month I have been trying for 4 days since the bill and either get a white box saying 

Unable to proceed

We cannot process the information of biller(s) at the moment.

or simply cannot read this barcode/scan.

2 months ago had same issue and gf paid first time with her Kasikorn app. Have tried clearing cache.

So is it just me or anybody else before I try calling SCB?

Pattaya location if that makes any difference.

PS - I know I can toddle off to 7 or wherever and pay thanks.

I also had issues paying the water bill with our apps but it seems random. The water bill seems to be different too as you can pay electric not only by QR code but also with the contract / customer ID, which is useful if you are not home at all or when 2 bills are open already. I think the same is possible for water bill but I didn't check yet.

I have had the same problem in the past and in the end left the paying of that particular bill to the wife ..who pays via line and there website? I went to 3 different branches of Scb and all of them had no answers i even went to the Water authority (while passing)...might as well have talked to a brick wall. Personally i begrudge paying 10baht to CP foods to pay any bill  (so i dont)l...money grabbing barstewards.

Wife has recently flown off to Ireland so i had to pay the Water bill this week and it Worked...because this time i took a photo of the Bar Code (saved to gallery)clicked on Scan bill/QR payment on Scb app and selected photo from gallery and it opened up the payment straight away and i paid whooo hoo! I did have several attempts at the old way of trying trying to scan the bill but that did not work (as in the message in your op)..but this new of paying did work:clap2:

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I have had the same problem in the past and in the end left the paying of that particular bill to the wife ..who pays via line and there website? I went to 3 different branches of Scb and all of them had no answers i even went to the Water authority (while passing)...might as well have talked to a brick wall. Personally i begrudge paying 10baht to CP foods to pay any bill  (so i dont)l...money grabbing barstewards.

Wife has recently flown off to Ireland so i had to pay the Water bill this week and it Worked...because this time i took a photo of the Bar Code (saved to gallery)clicked on Scan bill/QR payment on Scb app and selected photo from gallery and it opened up the payment straight away and i paid whooo hoo! I did have several attempts at the old way of trying trying to scan the bill but that did not work (as in the message in your op)..but this new of paying did work:clap2:

Thanks for that. At least I know it is just not me - and I agree about the extra payments at stores as well!

Just tried your method and unfortunately got "Ünable to proceed. Cannot decode this barcode/QR code" Maybe my camera is no good........:annoyed:

How did you think to try that method?

6 minutes ago, topt said:

Thanks for that. At least I know it is just not me - and I agree about the extra payments at stores as well!

Just tried your method and unfortunately got "Ünable to proceed. Cannot decode this barcode/QR code" Maybe my camera is no good........:annoyed:

How did you think to try that method?

It comes from buying from Makro on line..i have to take a screen shot of there QR Code (which goes to my gallery) then go from there on the SCB app.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1310321-scb-mobile-app-problem-with-bill-pay/

Main screen
My Debit & ATM Cards
Press on Debit & ATM Cards
You should see a representation of your ATM/Debit cards
Press "Services"
See Block Online Payment section
block/unblock domestic online payment
block/unblock international online payment

Thanks for suggesting this but mine are not blocked. 

A few months ago the power meter reader guy separated the power bills incorrectly and I got one page of my bill and the other page was my neighbors bill.  My section didn't have the QR code so I thought I would try and scan the previous months QR code and.... it worked perfectly for paying the amount currently owed.  It seems that the QR code is just an easier method to input your customer number, etc.

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

A few months ago the power meter reader guy separated the power bills incorrectly and I got one page of my bill and the other page was my neighbors bill.  My section didn't have the QR code so I thought I would try and scan the previous months QR code and.... it worked perfectly for paying the amount currently owed.  It seems that the QR code is just an easier method to input your customer number, etc.

If you mean the QR code and not the bar code unfortunately the QR code on the PWA bill is just some numbers according to a scan app .... I tried last months bill which I paid easily but it will not do anything now. To pay the PWA bill before I have had to use the bar code not the QR code.

I have no issues with the PEA bill it is only PWA.....