Lost Thai driving licence in Phuket

Burgo1979

You can use the DLT QR license app, just as good as the hard copy. If you don’t have the app already but have a photo of the back of your license, then you can register on the app. Also I keep screenshots off the app of front and back of both my licenses.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

You can use the DLT QR license app, just as good as the hard copy. If you don’t have the app already but have a photo of the back of your license, then you can register on the app. Also I keep screenshots off the app of front and back of both my licenses.

Thanks. This can be used to replace a lost license?. How would the app know ive lost it?

1 minute ago, Burgo1979 said:

Thanks. This can be used to replace a lost license?. How would the app know ive lost it?

Yes, if you have photos of the back of your license (you need to scan a qr code off the back of your license when registering with the online app).  The app wouldn't care that you lost your license.  You could use the license on the app whenever you previously used your physical driver's license.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, if you have photos of the back of your license (you need to scan a qr code off the back of your license when registering with the online app).  The app wouldn't care that you lost your license.  You could use the license on the app whenever you previously used your physical driver's license.

Thanks, sadly i don't have a photo of my car license, only my bike license, would that work or is it a different qr code?

2 minutes ago, Burgo1979 said:

Thanks, sadly i don't have a photo of my car license, only my bike license, would that work or is it a different qr code?

You need the QR code that is on the back of each license to register. Yes each license has a different code 

Edited by novacova

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Trying to remember.  Seems to me I only had to register one license and then the other appeared automatically.  You could try and see what happens.

To be honest, I don’t remember either. Go ahead and register your bike license and let us know what happens 😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novacova said:

To be honest, I don’t remember either. Go ahead and register your bike license and let us know what happens 😊

Thanks for the help. I now have both licenses on the app on my phone. What happens when i come to re-new my car license if i dont have the actual license?

1 minute ago, Burgo1979 said:

Thanks for the help. I now have both licenses on the app on my phone. What happens when i come to re-new my car license if i dont have the actual license?

In theory... since the online license is to be accepted for all purposes the physical license can be used for, the Land Transport Office should accept your showing it on the phone or a copy of the picture on your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

In theory... since the online license is to be accepted for all purposes the physical license can be used for, the Land Transport Office should accept your showing it on the phone or a copy of the picture on your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks. Its not for a few years yet, but just thinking ahead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, LivinginKata said:

Yes. Need police report in province you are registered living in.

So far i know you have to do the police report in the province where the incident happened.

Therefore he told the Phuket police that he lost his DL in Phuket.