Water Pump surge.

Wobblybob

Not sure if in the correct thread.

Pump model:- WM-P150XS

My main water pump to the house is surging about every 5 or 6 seconds, have checked the obvious for leaks, hoses, taps and toilets but no leakage anywhere, obviously the pipes go under the ground covered by flags. So at this moment in time I have to assume no leaks there. So the conclusion is it must be the pump, the pump is about 8 years old and we get our water from an underground well, as does the rest of the development and the water is very calcified, so I was wondering is there a valve or something else that may be suffering from a build up of calcium. Can any other member point me in the right direction of where to start the fault finding. Thanks 

If you have valve at output of pump turn that off - if pump stops you know it is a leak on the house side.  As said above often this is a leaking toilet where you do not see anything - there should be a valve at base supply hose to all toilets what allows turning water off.  Not only flap can be the issue but also flow high in reservoir going into the overflow pipe (just needing adjustment of float level to fix normally).

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

If you have valve at output of pump turn that off - if pump stops you know it is a leak on the house side.  As said above often this is a leaking toilet where you do not see anything - there should be a valve at base supply hose to all toilets what allows turning water off.  Not only flap can be the issue but also flow high in reservoir going into the overflow pipe (just needing adjustment of float level to fix normally).

Great advice, I just need to motivate myself into action. 👍

Update:

My wife just arrived and turned the pump off about an hour ago and I finally motivated myself to have a look-see. I turned the pump back on and it filled up what was empty and voici no surge. I put that down as a wifey fix. Won't count my chickens just yet though, but will monitor it for a few days. 🤞🙏

• Haha 1