Info please.

malt25

Mornin all  :-)  A bit of info please. Maybe from a Mod. Top right corner of logon page. Notification ... Messages ...  My avitar "M". Beside the M is an exclamanition mark. Just wondering the meaning... of the exclamanition mark.  Thanks all. Have a great Sunday.

Here ya go, I got one too ........

Essentially the new forum software has been flooding my email server with 'spam' notifications until someone decided to bounce all the junk.

Could contain:

If I explore further into my account settings ............

Could contain:

Edited by BritManToo

23 hours ago, george said:

And change your email address in your settings please.

Hi George. Thanks for that. I "think" I've managed to send a screen shot. If I click on the exclamation mark nothing happens.

Cheers.....     Mal.

Could contain:

5 hours ago, george said:

Go into your Profile and change your email address to a valid one. The forum is trying to send you notifications, but can't reach your inbox. 

Thanks again George. As you'll see I'm not all that aufait with this stuff. The email in my profile is DEAD, older than me. I tried to put my current email in the system but I get a message that tis email belongs to someone else. Advice please. In very basic speak please.  Cheers.....    mal.

10 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Thanks again George. As you'll see I'm not all that aufait with this stuff. The email in my profile is DEAD, older than me. I tried to put my current email in the system but I get a message that tis email belongs to someone else. Advice please. In very basic speak please.  Cheers.....    mal.

You may have used this email in a previous account. Sign up for gmail.com so you get a better email experience than hotmail. And then change to the gmail address in your profile. Voila! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, george said:

You may have used this email in a previous account. Sign up for gmail.com so you get a better email experience than hotmail. And then change to the gmail address in your profile. Voila! 

Sorry to be a pain in the bum George. I tried to change my email address to a gmail. It appears I need to supply my password from the old, DEAD email to be able to provide a new email ??? the email in my profile... hasn't been in commission for many years. I'm guessing if I say I've forgotten my password it will send some sort of message to the bigpond email to verify ??? I do have a gmail a/c so happy to provide that. Instructions please. Thanks again.....     Mal.

4 hours ago, malt25 said:

Sorry to be a pain in the bum George. I tried to change my email address to a gmail. It appears I need to supply my password from the old, DEAD email to be able to provide a new email ??? the email in my profile... hasn't been in commission for many years. I'm guessing if I say I've forgotten my password it will send some sort of message to the bigpond email to verify ??? I do have a gmail a/c so happy to provide that. Instructions please. Thanks again.....     Mal.

Contact forum support. give them your NEW email address and they will do the change for you.

• Like 2