autographed things -do you have any?

Prubangboy

John Candy signed my ex wife's tits.  It eventually wore off, even without showering between Christmas and Easter. 

A friend of mine worked on a movie with some of the most popular actors of the time.  He got me a copy of the DVD and had a few of the stars sign it.  I thanked him, but hid it in his DVD collection when he went for another beer. 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No way, very sad thing to do asking for an autograph, talk to them is a good thing

I get as close as I can to them and release as much intestinal gas as possible (without soiling myself).  There's nothing like dropping your guts beside an A list beauty and watching her wretch. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No way, very sad thing to do asking for an autograph, talk to them is a good thing

Broadly I agree, but a lot of stars like doing it. There's some vids of Bruce engaging and signing stuff. Ringo won't sign anything since he keeps seeing it show up on Ebay.

I bought my Elvis check at a charity auction ($200). I got my Jamie Reid poster signed at his gallery showing in New York ($100 -F Forever if you want to google-image it).

I would never approach an artist to ask for anything. Tho one time I saw James Brown at a traffic crossing on 5th Avenue and asked him when his old R+B stuff would be re-released. James shrugged and said, "It all about the dollar".

I've got some football shirts, 2 from Wayne Rooney, 1 Ryan Giggs and 1 Cristiano Ronaldo when he was at Real Madrid, and a Limited edition signed print of Beckham, 

In my younger days my job got me to meet a few famous people especially sports people, 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

. Tho one time I saw James Brown at a traffic crossing on 5th Avenue and asked him when his old R+B stuff would be re-released. James shrugged and said, "It all about the dollar".

The firmest bitch hand in music in his day. 

The Godfather of Soul didn't take any guff from the ladies.  I remember the story of him driving his pickup 70 mph in the wrong lane while giving his 13th wife etiquette lessons with the back of his hand. 

Edited by Bobthegimp

2 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

The firmest bitch hand in music in his day. 

The Godfather of Soul didn't take any guff from the ladies.  I remember the story of him driving his pickup 70 mph in the wrong lane while giving his 13th wife etiquette lessons with the back of his hand. 

This was the era when he was playing with a 9-piece band in bars due to crack. Those were some raggedy shows ($10 on a Tuesday -$15 on a weekend).

You could have prob bought Please, Please, Please off of him for a jumbo rock or two.

I have actually asked for an autograph one time in my life -from the gospel singer, Dorothy Love Coats, who's rough-style Alabama singing influenced Little Richard. It was a park concert and I had a reception invite.

She wrote In HIS name, On this date, and then a big sig and the date. Yeah, that's gone with the wind too.

48 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

I get as close as I can to them and release as much intestinal gas as possible (without soiling myself).  There's nothing like dropping your guts beside an A list beauty and watching her wretch. 

Dont do it after a strong curry

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I cried when I discovered the photos were never to be seen again

Women bathe in those tears.  When they're behind you, they're the best ally a man could ask for; but man, when the love is gone they go scorched earth on you. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

I previewed this question for NextG. He said:

"I am a very serious man and I do not go to prostitutes. I don't have their autographs either. Why? Why are you asking me this?

In answer to the question; no and yes. 
I’ve met many actors and musicians; those friends who wanted autographs, got them. 
In fact, someone mentioned such an autograph to me just yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Women bathe in those tears.  When they're behind you, they're the best ally a man could ask for; but man, when the love is gone they go scorched earth on you. 

I’m sure he didn’t appreciate you quoting the phrase that he decided to edit out. But it’s better told with it left in. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

I’m sure he didn’t appreciate you quoting the phrase that he decided to edit out. But it’s better told with it left in. 

Did he edit his comment?  Any man who's lived past puberty knows those tears. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sad for you ☺️
Though actually I sort of agree. I would only do it if a friend or family was a fan or if someone asked. Because it is a bit cringeworthy, but if for a good cause…
There are lots of famous people whom I didn’t ask. Not because they weren’t famous enough, but because no one specifically asked me to do so. 
Then there was the phenomenon of famous people coming over to talk to me or people thinking that I was a famous person. I don’t know if they were linked.