Thailand could extend visa-free entry from 30 to 60 days

webfact

On 11/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

SETV, correct?  May I ask where you applied from?  Sent mine from Canada 29 Oct and still waiting.  Day 12 now. Ridiculous.

Sorry for the late reply but only just seen this due to the site being down. Standard 60 day SETV applied for online from the UK. Hope you’ve got yours sorted by now?

I have a feeling it will happen but maybe not anytime soon. As we know, these things sometimes take a while to implement. 

It is a good development but then the single tourist visa will lose its significance. That is also 60 days. People would prefer to come visa exempt rather than applying and paying for the tourist visa. 

So, I guess maybe then they will make the single tourist visa a 90-day stay instead of 60? 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:08 PM, Trip Hop said:

Strange? Just done a standard 60 day TV, no bank or employer details required and only showed accommodation for the first week. Approved in 2-3 days. 

You had to show a bank statement don't  text false things. The employer info is for METV. A tourist visa app for 60 days MUST provide a recent bank statement with I believe is about $600 USD. I did one a few weeks ago as well. 

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You had to show a bank statement don't  text false things. The employer info is for METV. A tourist visa app for 60 days MUST provide a recent bank statement with I believe is about $600 USD. I did one a few weeks ago as well. 

I did a tourist visa 10 days ago with UK embassy. 

There's was no requirement for bank statement. 

They also removed the signed declaration form and selfie holding passport. Much easier now. 

Only requirements were flight and hotel. 

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Nope, not at all. I was expecting it to ask on the application but it didn’t. I don’t even have physical statements so would have to print one to pdf if I did. Even thought about it after and considered whether I had missed it on the application and expected it to be rejected but it wasn’t. From your unfounded accusations I’m obviously a better person than you, perhaps the visa office seen that too?

Edited by Trip Hop

Always the Chinese or Europeans...what about everybody else?

When they made the temporary change from 30 to 45 days, it was great.

Always find loosing the day of arrival and day of departure as part of the 30 days is a right pain.

45 days gave just that bit extra all-be-it a massive jump in travel insurance cost (non-proportional).

Notice airlines tend to do the latter as well if one makes the arrival departure dates more than the limited 30 days.

@Trip Hop   No worries.  Mine's not yet sorted.  Applied online from Canada, it gets processed in Ottawa.  The Thai consulate site in Ottawa says "up to 25 days to process."  Other nationalities seem to get theirs sorted in less than a week. I guess Canadians are at the bottom of the pile as far as foreign tourists go....