Women and Thailand expert discusses the misconceptions about Thai women.

Goat

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't they teach origin of the human race in your school?

ummm not sure what you didn't understand there.

yes humans originated in africa as i already stated. however to claim that all and everything human came from africa is simply wrong. 

humans discovered many things after they left africa. as cultures and populations formed in certain areas they then started to discover and make up their own things. 

didn't they teach you that in school ? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

ummm not sure what you didn't understand there.

yes humans originated in africa as i already stated. however to claim that all and everything human came from africa is simply wrong. 

humans discovered many things after they left africa. as cultures and populations formed in certain areas they then started to discover and make up their own things. 

didn't they teach you that in school ? 

Thailand perfected a bunch of things including some curries, muay thai and massage.

Yet you post anti Thai nonsense.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't they teach origin of the human race in your school?

It's only a theory ......

If you want to believe you are the descendent of monkeys, feel free 

I prefer to believe I am the descendent of super intelligent aliens that crashed on this planet, then forgot their origins.

The evidence for either theory is the same ..... As in NONE.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Thais who have spent time abroad get hit with a harsh reality: the world pays precious little attention to Thailand or to the myths Thais are taught are so important and make Thais so special.

No, they don't find this reality "harsh" at all but rather expected, given the relative size of Thailand. Nor do they imagine Thailand has any big influence on the outside world. They might think people might have heard of it and might like Thai food. And so they do, generally.

That leaves many Thais---women included---with a sense of superiority

Thais justly have a sense that their position in Thailand is far superior to that of foreigners. Otherwise, they have a sense that their culture is different, as indeed it is. They feel awkward with foreigners.

The innate, silly sense of superiority that, say, Brits feel towards Thais and most everyone else in the world (notably, here, Americans, Russians, and Chinese) is partly racial and mostly provincial; unconscious, not logically based on any astonishing Brit inventions such as fish & chips, though that seems actually to have originated in 15th century Portugal. No matter. Part of the mythical baggage. I observe that most Westerner-Thai relationships fail because the Westerner is unable to jettison his sense of his own superiority. It contributes to his general boorishness and the desire to escape.

Thais abroad find that the general view of Thailand, if people have one, is 'spicy food and bargirls'.

If they encounter a lot of lowlifes in Western pubs, yes.

About the only time in the last 100 years Thailand got international play in media was when the tsunami hit Phuket.

Nonsense. For example, the cave rescue captured the world's attention and at least 3 movies/documentaries have been made about it. The cave is now a tourist attraction. The recent suicide of the team captain was reported in all the major international media. And just two days ago the liberation of the Thai hostages from Gaza got international anticipation and attention. It's a continuing saga.

Amid all this pontificating, it's clear you don't have much of a clue. As in most topics negative towards Thais, the boomerang effect holds: the Thai "issue" actually refers to the poster himself. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 3

Just now, BritManToo said:

It's only a theory ......

If want to believe you are the descendent of monkeys, feel free 

I prefer to believe I am the descendent of super intelligent aliens that crashed on this planet, then forgot their origins.

The evidence for either theory is the same ..... As in NONE.

You are wrong. A genetic study was done that determined all humans originated in an area of Africa.

Humans did not come from apes, or monkeys, but we have a common ancestor.

https://www.yourgenome.org/stories/evolution-of-modern-humans/

Modern humans originated in Africa within the past 200,000 years and evolved from their most likely recent common ancestor, Homo erectus, which means ‘upright man’ in Latin. Homo erectus is an extinct species of human that lived between 1.9 million and 135,000 years ago.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, they don't find this reality "harsh" at all but rather expected, given the relative size of Thailand. Nor do they imagine Thailand has any big influence on the outside world. They might people might have heard of it and might like Thai food. And so they do, generally.

Thais justly have a sense that their position in Thailand is far superior to that of foreigners. Otherwise, they have a sense that their culture is different, as indeed it is. They feel awkward with foreigners.

The innate, silly sense of superiority that, say, Brits feel towards Thais and most everyone else in the world (notably, here, Americans, Russians, and Chinese) is partly racial and mostly provincial; unconscious, not logically based on any astonishing Brit inventions such as fish & chips, though that seems actually to have originated in 15th century Portugal. No matter. Part of the mythical baggage. I observe that most Westerner-Thai relationships fail because the Westerner is unable to jettison his sense of his own superiority. It contributes to his general boorishness and the desire to escape.

If they encounter a lot of lowlifes in Western pubs, yes.

Nonsense. For example, the cave rescue captured the world's attention and at least 3 movies/documentaries have been made about it. The cave is now a tourist attraction. The recent suicide of the team captain was reported in all the major international media. And just two days ago the liberation of the Thai hostages from Gaza got international anticipation and attention. It's a continuing saga.

Amid all this pontificating, it's clear you don't have much of a clue. As in most topics negative towards Thais, the boomerang effect holds: the Thai "issue" actually refers to the poster himself. 

Man you just raped him.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My theory is that a super intelligent species of aliens colonised Earth and enslaved the early humans, but the humans rebelled and killed all the aliens.

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did any Thais care how farangs pronounced it? No they didn't.

Pronouncing the Thai language correctly, however little of it you know, helps differentiate you from the mass of farang idiots they usually encounter and so creates a good impression from the start. And then transactions tend to go a lot more smoothly. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are wrong. A genetic study was done that determined all humans originated in an area of Africa.

Humans did not come from apes, or monkeys, but we have a common ancestor.

I didn't specify a location for the mothership crash.

It can be an area of Africa if you want.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO this guy is remarkably naive if he believes Thai women apart from bargirls are as pure as the driven snow.

It's estimated about 30% of Thai girls who have a university education have had a sideline deal with a sugar daddy, in order to help fund their education.

Either that, or they are selling short-times on OnlyFans and ThaiFriendly..

Are you insinuating that Western women are purer than Thai women?

And are you saying that Western women do not like to extract an enormous price for the precious goods?

That certainly hasn't been my experience, nor the experience of many on this forum. As a matter of fact many of us feel that the only difference is the price. In the West it's many multiples higher than what it is here. And I am talking about civilians and professionals. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My theory is that a super intelligent species of aliens colonised Earth and enslaved the early humans, but the humans rebelled and killed all the aliens.

Must have been Daleks ;-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArnieP said:

The OP is the owner of this forum. From comments in this thread and elsewhere it’s no wonder he’s put it up for sale.

Oh, page views. It's all about the money, and you are the product. Understand the business model. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A super intelligent species of aliens would never in a million years consider coming to Earth. There's nothing for them to gain from our civilization, and certainly nothing to gain from backward culture.

I am fairly certain there are many thousands of very advanced civilizations out there, the universe is simply too vast. However, even if they were aware of us, I think they would go out of their way to avoid us. 

We are NOT advanced! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you insinuating that Western women are purer than Thai women?

And are you saying that Western women do not like to extract an enormous price for the precious goods?

That certainly hasn't been my experience, nor the experience of many on this forum. As a matter of fact many of us feel that the only difference is the price. In the West it's many multiples higher than what it is here. And I am talking about civilians and professionals. 

Not at all. As a former victim of Australian family law, I totally agree with you.

When my son was at university in Australia, he observed a similar ratio of female students selling sex. I occasionally feel envious, he was one of two males in a dormitory of 30 females.

Making such an insinuation would be furthest from my thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A super intelligent species of aliens would never in a million years consider coming to Earth. There's nothing for them to gain from our civilization, and certainly nothing to gain from backward culture.

I am fairly certain there are many thousands of very advanced civilizations out there, the universe is simply too vast. However, even if they were aware of us, I think they would go out of their way to avoid us. 

We are NOT advanced! 

Yes look at all the bogans. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Obviously, you haven't watched the movies Stargate and Prometheus, as have some of our posters. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:53 PM, Bobthegimp said:

Was it as disturbing as it sounds?  

I watched the whole video and there were kernels of truth interspersed with groveling and simping.  It does amuse me when wholesome foreigners such as this fellow fail to realize that Pattaya was built as a monument to the sin they so vehemently decry. 

And Pattaya grew I understand from US GI's heading there for R&R during the Vietnam War. No doubt taking girls from Bangkok who then stayed on " I wait you come back" but actually to " work", sending word back to their village " sisters" of the new goldmine. Beach front shack bars opened and so it began. Before that a humble fishing village with a nice beach, how lovely that would have been and, just 70 or so years ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

We are NOT advanced! 

Err, that was a few millenia ago, and humans were just another ape species. They genetically altered the apes to be trainable, a trait still found in humans today.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While that is about as arrogant as a farang can get, the Thais are the better for not "conforming" to the western ideal, which is IMO rotten to the core.

Western nations were great at subduing other races and exploiting them, but Siam was quite good at avoiding such a miserable fate, so kudos to them.

They still, for the most part, have avoided the evils of PC, wokism and gender insanity, so more kudos for that.

What every western person that rubbishes the Thais and their culture can not explain is why, if they are so inferior to the great western culture, millions of western men flock there to find out what real women are like.

Pish posh to western culture, give me Thailand every time.

Facts are not arrogant. I did not invent the microchip, so I'm not taking credit directly or by association with Jack Kilby. I can point to inventors and discoverers all over the world, from large and small countries, but not a single one from Thailand. To the best of my knowledge, Maxwell wasn't Thai. Nor Faraday. Nor Niels Bohr. Nor Einstein, Newton, Planck, Dirac, Galileo, Franklin, Archimedes, Pythagoras, Rousseau, Mills, Poincaire, von Neumann, Salk....none of those who have done so much to explain what life and existence and the laws of nature are.

As for exploiting other nations, most regions have taken their turn at doing it, whether it's the Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Mongols, Moslems, Brits, Dutch, Spanish, Italians, Americans....we tend to concentrate on the latest. Certainly Southeast Asia is no stranger to intra-regional conflicts and invasions, some of which still simmer today, such as in southern Thailand.

My post noted that Thais are taught of their superiority, only (for some) to find out they alone so believe. That some men come to Thailand finding the women appealing has zero bearing on anyone's superiority or inferiority. It's simply a personal taste for some. A few hundred thousand (at most) men in a world with 4 billion males is not even a rounding error.

You fail to see the forest for the trees, for some reason bogged down with pointless worries about wokeism or PC. In the overall scheme of things, those are not even minor issues. One might surmise that inability to succeed in your own culture and society has left you bitter and has you seeing Thailand as something it might not be. Maybe you should move back to Thailand and rid yourself of the "wokeism" that is so stuck under your craw.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Kalasin Jo said:

And Pattaya grew I understand from US GI's heading there for R&R during the Vietnam War. No doubt taking girls from Bangkok who then stayed on " I wait you come back" but actually to " work", sending word back to their village " sisters" of the new goldmine. Beach front shack bars opened and so it began. Before that a humble fishing village with a nice beach, how lovely that would have been and, just 70 or so years ago.

Today's beach didn't exist back then. It was reclaimed, as photos of the era show.

I've seen humble Thai fishing villages and that was as close as I wanted to go.

The only GIs I saw in Thailand were in a GI bar in Bkk having sex behind a curtain in booths, and watching a couple of Thais pretending to have sex in a sort of box. I don't know that a grotty fishing village on a grotty beach would have tempted them, especially as it took a really long time to get there ( I doubt taxi drivers would have been keen to go there ) and there were not many hotels to stay in. Before the expressway was built it took many hours to get there, as I know well.

From what I've heard the GI bars in the Philippines were better. The basket sounded quite "exotic", for those that know what I mean.

In my experience, soldiers just want to get p****ed and have sex when on R and R, and it doesn't need to be on a beach.

If there are any actual vets on here that visited Pattaya back in the early 70s ( the war was over by '73 ) and say different, I'll bow to your greater knowledge.

• Like 1