A good alternative to Bitkub: UpBit thailand allows me to scan the chip in my passport and complete full verification.

advancebooking

Also forgot few more tips

- theres a 15 question test. Easy to do with help of google. For some reason after doing it I had to click the back button and was very annoyed to have to start all again

- The system asks you to set a 'Funding password'. I cant remember reading anything about it being digits but it is. 6 digits. Cannot repeat 2 numbers the same otherwise it rejects. 

Overall it was very easy process. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting, I had read about this new passport verification procedure and mentioned it in another thread - I guess as they are a foreign owned exchange they've been ordered by their foreign owners to accept foreigners as customers, unlike the Thai exchange which will now surely lose all of the foreign customers.

One question - do you need to verify your address by uploading a bank statement or anything like that, I do use Kasikorn bank?

I ask because for me this means going down to the bank and getting a printed statement, my address is still in the English language and I would hope they accept that - all the foreign exchanges did of course which is why I got them to alter the address from Thai into English and I don't want to have to change it back as most of the business I do is outside Thailand.

7 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Also forgot few more tips

- theres a 15 question test. Easy to do with help of google. For some reason after doing it I had to click the back button and was very annoyed to have to start all again

- The system asks you to set a 'Funding password'. I cant remember reading anything about it being digits but it is. 6 digits. Cannot repeat 2 numbers the same otherwise it rejects. 

Overall it was very easy process. 

This is really good to hear about UpBit. Thx for taking the time to help all of us frustrated Bitkub users. My account is still active with them at the moment but it's probably only a matter of time before they do the same to me. Please keep us updated on how things go for you over the next few weeks and share your experiences with the depositing/withdrawing procedures over at UpBit etc. I'll get around to registering with them sometime soon. 

One further point did you see this deposit/withdrawal table from UpBits website. https://th.upbit.com/service_center/guide 

You can deposit and withdraw crypto at Lvl2 but it is saying you can't deposit or withdraw THB on Lvl2?

The table seems to be saying you can't do any deposit or withdrawals of THB transactions on any level other than Lvl 3? What is required for Lvl 3 do you know? 

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I had read about this new passport verification procedure and mentioned it in another thread - I guess as they are a foreign owned exchange they've been ordered by their foreign owners to accept foreigners as customers, unlike the Thai exchange which will now surely lose all of the foreign customers.

One question - do you need to verify your address by uploading a bank statement or anything like that, I do use Kasikorn bank?

I ask because for me this means going down to the bank and getting a printed statement, my address is still in the English language and I would hope they accept that - all the foreign exchanges did of course which is why I got them to alter the address from Thai into English and I don't want to have to change it back as most of the business I do is outside Thailand.

No you dont need to show address for the bank. Only upload your bank book

But I showed my yellow book, DL, pink id. Many options. You have to look at the list when you register

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I've been using bitkub for 5 years, I liked it a lot, it's always worked great. Now they sent me same message as for you. Only thai citizens allowed.

so why not register at UpBit???? Vote with your feet. Dont use bitkub anymore. Its called perfect competition

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 7:00 AM, Conno said:

One further point did you see this deposit/withdrawal table from UpBits website. https://th.upbit.com/service_center/guide 

You can deposit and withdraw crypto at Lvl2 but it is saying you can't deposit or withdraw THB on Lvl2?

The table seems to be saying you can't do any deposit or withdrawals of THB transactions on any level other than Lvl 3? What is required for Lvl 3 do you know? 

Hi, To update you.... I basically got Level 4 on upbit in 1 week. In fact the whole process was done in a week from level 1 to 4.    The level 4 verification is only for increasing the withdrawal limit from 2 million THB daily to 4 million THB daily. I have this now. Used the passport to do the dip and chip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, Conno said:

Advancebooking. Can I ask again please. No Thai Baht transactions below Lvl 3? Do you know what is required for Lvl 3 verification? 

Could contain:

I got level 3 within a few days. They sent me message that I dont have to bother going for level 4 unless I wanted level 4 up to 4 million. Refer to my other comment below. It was very easy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2023 at 10:37 PM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I've been using bitkub for 5 years, I liked it a lot, it's always worked great. Now they sent me same message as for you. Only thai citizens allowed.

I got to level 4 on upbit within 1 week. Bitkub is impossible. Move over to this exchange...

On 11/15/2023 at 12:46 AM, ukrules said:

I got to level 4 really easy within a week and was about to reply to all these messages and then this website was down for a week. Now I can hardly remember what I did. But think I only uploaded my bank statment that I ordered via my phone app.   It was all very easy dealing with them. Once my copy was rejected. They emailed me right away telling me what to do. I scanned it and tried again. Got to the next level. If this happened on bitkub it wouild be months of BS. Upbit is professional. Go for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, advancebooking said:

I got level 3 within a few days. They sent me message that I dont have to bother going for level 4 unless I wanted level 4 up to 4 million. Refer to my other comment below. It was very easy. 

Thx for the update. Sounds like a breath of fresh air compared to Bitkub. Yea Asiannow had a DDOS attack on their server provider apparently but we are back now. I'm going to wait until the New Year [Upbit]  as I will have some new funds in my bank account by then that will show a healthier balance if they request bank statements for lvl 3-4. Plus I'll apply for Gulf Binance too as soon as it is launched to the general public. It will be such a relief not having to deal with Bitkubs draconian business practices. Thx for all the info you have shared. Good luck in 2024 I think it's going to be a good year. 

8 hours ago, luckyblock token said:

KYC not successful, but no reason why??

how can I ever complete when I do not know.

I  expect the same nonsense here like any other exchange.

I have bitkub account so really do not care to much.

You will not care much until bitkub suspend your account for not doing the KYC dip and chip verification on your passport. Oh no, your a foreigner.... they dont offer that service to farang. Account suspended. It will happen to you soon like everyone else. 

Did you try level 1 to 4 on Upbit. Everyone can do it no problem....

15 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

In Thailand using upbit do you have to pay tax on trading ?

Is this changing if no in 2024+

I would think you have to pay tax regardless of which exchange you use if you're trading and make a profit.

I only ever really make purchases on these exchanges in recent years and then send it elsewhere, it will never be used to cash out.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I would think you have to pay tax regardless of which exchange you use if you're trading and make a profit.

I only ever really make purchases on these exchanges in recent years and then send it elsewhere, it will never be used to cash out.

Read some of your other stuff very good info.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luckyblock token said:

another try with better cam on mobile my wife

can anybody tell me what documents they want to upload?? still trying this kyc

the description is really garbage,  I got email already telling me the documents looking not wrong!!!

but want me do again the kyc. what nonsense

thanks for help

Maybe the photos you are using are no good? Take your docs to a printer shop and get them scanned and ask them to email you the files. Then upload them. It will only cost you 50 baht. Taking a photo is no good

• 3 weeks later...

On verfication I get:

If Residing in Thailand

Upload one of the following documents
  • Household registration
  • Work permit
  • Non-Immigrant visa or Smart Visa
AND one of the following documents
  • National Identification Card
  • Driving License
  • Thailand Resident permit

Okay great, I have the work permit, But anything under AND I don't have. I don't have a national identifcation card because i'm clearly not Thai nor do I have a Thailand resident permit because I don't think such a thing even exists. Can the drivers license be my Australian drivers license or do they need a Thai one? If they do, I can't use upbit either. Bitkrub has essentially suspended me now because of this KYC update thing

6 hours ago, david2017 said:

On verfication I get:

If Residing in Thailand

Upload one of the following documents
  • Household registration
  • Work permit
  • Non-Immigrant visa or Smart Visa
AND one of the following documents
  • National Identification Card
  • Driving License
  • Thailand Resident permit

Okay great, I have the work permit, But anything under AND I don't have. I don't have a national identifcation card because i'm clearly not Thai nor do I have a Thailand resident permit because I don't think such a thing even exists. Can the drivers license be my Australian drivers license or do they need a Thai one? If they do, I can't use upbit either. Bitkrub has essentially suspended me now because of this KYC update thing

I haven't tried registering yet, probs early next year but from what AdvancedBooking has been saying I imagine the National Identification Card would be your Passport. As you say you are not Thai so why would you have one of those. illogical. I also don't believe your Oz driving license would be any good either as that is probably registered to an Oz address right? The info they need is to ID you in Thailand not your home country.

So, if I were you I'd just try uploading your Passport data/picture page along with all your current Visa stamp pages. Good chance those instructions are just losing something in translation. If you notice they also ask in the first section for non-immigrant visa or Smart Visa [whatever one of those is?] According to posts above a Thai Elite visa [Privilege] is also acceptable even though it isn't listed as an option. If you get rejected get back to them and explain your circumstances. Other non-Thai's who are resident in Thailand have been accepted so obviously it is possible.

Edited by Conno