Navy Denies 100 VN Fishing Boats Have Seized Part Of Gulf Of Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

THE THAI Navy this evening (Nov. 14) denied that a hundred Vietnamese fishing boats have seized a part of the Gulf of Thailand as reported by some media outlets, Amarin TV said.

RAdm. Wirudom Muangjeen, the navy’s spokesman, debunked news that this large number of Vietnamese fishing boats had moved into Nakhon Si Thammarat Bay waters with no Thai security officials patrolling or controlling the maritime zone.

He confirmed that this news was entirely fake as the Second Naval Area Command together with Thai Maritime Enforcement Command Centre Region Two had sent patrol boats and aircraft to continuously monitor foreign fishing boats sneaking into Thailand’s exclusive economic zone.

by TNR Staff

TOP: A Vietnamese fishing boat seized by the Thai navy on Aug. 27, 2023. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-11-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Sounds fake to me. 

I worked with a Vietnamese "boat person " who ended up in a camp in Thailand.  He had no love for the Thais.  He said that Thais robbed them at sea and were brutal in the camp.  He and the other Vietnamese former refugees warned me that Thais don't like foreigners at all, and implored me to be very careful here.  

Very true. I’ve worked my whole life with Vietnamese and Cambodians and also a few Thais. I listened to many heartbreaking stories , of rape and robbery , especially at the camp near Hat Yai. The Thais have always hated the Vietnamese , Burmese and Cambodians . When we employed a Thai , the ambience sunk to zero , and they hardly exchanged a word. To be avoided. Back to fishing, the waters around Vietnam have very low fish populations ,( mostly due to Chinese incursions) so poor people are forced to fish elsewhere ie Thailand / Indonesia etc.  I doubt very much the * hundred boats *. 

• Thumbs Up 1