When God created the universe, did he give planet Earth to Satan to play with?

thaibeachlovers

Interesting question. Was Satan, like Adam, created good and then fell? Or was he created to be what he is now? Scripture indicates that there were angels who fell from their place and into rebellion against God. Both Jude 1:6 and 2 Peter 2:4 mention angels who abandoned their positions of authority and fell. These are angels who are now kept in chains and darkness, awaiting judgement. It is not hard to image Satan being one of those who abandoned their position of authority in rebellion against God. He may or may not be bound now, but certainly his influence is widely felt in the world today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You think Hitler was just trying to survive?

I have to leave the forum now, but I look forward to reading some constructive posts on the subject.

If it degenerates into the usual fatuous comments I'll ask for the thread to be closed.

If the concept of lebensraum isn't about survival I don't know what is, bro. Hitler has been in survival mode his entire life. Probably started with abuses in his youth.

People are define by the interaction of their genes with the environment they're in. Evil has some soet of force in the universe is scifi.

Edited by MrPancake

If we don't believe in GOD, ergo, can't believe in the Devil.  For the believers, do think about ...

,,, Man was made in GOD's image,(Genesis 1:27), means GOD is real A$$hole, evil to the core, and has no sense of humour.

• Agree 1

Yes, demons exist, although I don't think God gave Satan the Earth as his playground. We become too caught up in symbols and metaphors and as a result can't see the obvious. But there is a supernatural world and does impinge on our world. And there are malevolent forces that will try to tempt us down the path of evil and self-destruction.

Remember, 97 percent of the universe is composed of forces that we don't understand, which we refer to as "dark" matter and "dark" energy.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Yes, demons exist, although I don't think God gave Satan the Earth as his playground. We become too caught up in symbols and metaphors and as a result can't see the obvious. But there is a supernatural world and does impinge on our world. And there are malevolent forces that will try to tempt us down the path of evil and self-destruction.

Remember, 97 percent of the universe is composed of forces that we don't understand, which we refer to as "dark" matter and "dark" energy.

How do you extrapolate dark matter on to some malevolent or supernatural force?

Did the use of the word 'dark' fool you?

Maybe you can add the scientific proof behind your 'supernatural forces' tempting us. Are they made of leptons or quarks? Do they have mass or are they like photons?

• Like 1