Man in Pattaya Stabbed by Girlfriend for Ogling Other Women During Birthday Celebration

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A Cambodian man was stabbed and injured during a dispute with his girlfriend in Pattaya on the early morning of November 15th. The victim was reportedly caught sneaking a peek at other women during his girlfriend’s birthday party, prompting his girlfriend to become angry and attack him.

Pattaya Police received a report of the incident at around 2:30 AM yesterday and rushed to a residence on Soi Pattaya Tai 8 in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Upon arrival at the scene, authorities discovered a trail of blood leading from the residence and a 20-centimeter-long kitchen knife left at the scene.

Inside the residence, signs of a struggle were discovered, and a birthday cake for the injured man’s girlfriend, identified only as Ms. Joy, lay on the floor. The injured person, Mr. Vin, a 34-year-old Cambodian national, was found lying on the street, having sustained stab wounds to his chest and left wrist.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

2 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

My first gf in Thailand taught me an improtant lesson: at the first sign of violence - ditch her. If she's talking about "boxing you" then she will eventually, and if she's already hitting you when angry then eventually she'll move on to objects (sharp or not). You can't fix crazy, but you can toss it out of your life. 

I think there are quite a few red flags to beware of here..... getting violent is certainly one of them! Gambling, and drugs others... even beware of some of the family members sometimes. 

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 3:09 AM, jacko45k said:

I think there are quite a few red flags to beware of here..... getting violent is certainly one of them! Gambling, and drugs others... even beware of some of the family members sometimes. 

Gambling and drugs usually come packaged in with violent tendencies too here, but yes, depending on the level of addiction it can be a problem.