UK - thoughts re. 'Main stream' v 'Social media'

As a Brit I follow UK and World news with interest and freely discuss many topics with people I meet - it gets interesting.

I have noticed that scorn for 'Main stream' media has become prominent and indeed some people now seem to use the cynical buzz and rant from Social media to flatten any use of fact or informed comments.

The BBC always seems to have an agenda of their own, are 'Woke crazy' and their aggressive interviewing is a disgrace - I also hate the way the BBC and SKY interrupt someone really informative people giving a view and cut it short for an 'Archers' trailer, an ad or some other carp.

(BTW BBC's flagship 'Strictly Come Dancing' this year is a farce as one the 'amateurs' is a 'pro' having trained to play the ballet dancing Billy Elliot when he was just 12 ! Also included is 2 men dancing together for the second year, (why not 2 women LOL).

Sky News is also a pain and gruesomely sentimental IMO

The Sun, Star, Mirror, Mail, DX and DM - you get what you deserve largely but the DT carries a wide range of views covering criticism of and sometimes support for the Govt. so you can take a balanced view from the coverage. I don't have access to the 'Times' the 'Indy' or the 'I' but I'd guess they are much the same.

An appeal on behalf of MSM - it's far from perfect but not IMHO to be dismissed altogether  :post-4641-1156694572:

Rants and self-appointed 'Experts' on social media seem to be a fashion and a resort for those of jaundiced appetite who wish to score points without sorting their way through MSM views of different angles - a new sort of oneupmanship and a way of self-elevation.

You can get some 'real' here - worth the watch - PMQ's

As you say, MSM is far from perfect - and all outlets have their bias - but I would generally still set greater store by what I read there compared with social media.

(Imo to infer that the DT is objective is pushing it).

• Like 1