setting up bangkok bank app in a new device

I upgraded to a newer iPhone and it was very simple.

I backed up my old iPhone to my Mac desktop.

I then restored that backup to my newer model iPhone.

All my apps were already installed.  For the Bangkok bank app I had to go through a verification process.  I didn't have to go into a branch.  I can't remember the steps involved but I did have to have online banking already in place.  I think I was given a choice to verify my identity using my debit card, but that option is only available to Thai clients.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a Samsung phone and installed the app from Google Play. To open it I just type in my ATM card pin number it asks for and it works perfectly. Cannot recall if I previously installed it and had to put in any other details, name, password etc before and it remembered on my new phone or not. Google Bangkok Banking and it gives 1 method each for android phone or i-Phone. I only did it last week so current news. All I did was used Google play to install the app, and to open it I was asked for my 6-digit pin. So simple. Of course compared to my UK bank Thailand has pretty crappy security but for me simple is good.

18 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

i use android phone and I am not a thai national . when i opened the app it was asking for thai id . that is where i got stuck

Was it Thai ID or User ID?  The other thread indicates User ID as one of three options.

The latter is the 10 digit ID number you were given for iBanking I believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally this is  my full experience

1-  I have a google fi sim  and thai true sim

2- i put the thai true sim in my phone 

3- i went to a bangkok bang atm and  change userid/pin code - they sms the userid to my thai sim phone. 

4- on my motorola phone device i put the thai sim and setup bangkok app ( no wifi ) . I had to restart my motoral device after putting thai sim as for some reason bangkok bank was not detecting . 

5- the app on motoral phone showed my thai phone device and i had to delete it .

6- i put back google fi sim in motorola device and i am good using bangkok bank app .

7- dont have to carry 2 phone anymore