VPN which one have you chosen?

stupidfarang

^ Thanks.

I logged into my account, Billing, Subscriptions, Manage and was presented with this offer:

Limited offer

NordVPN 1-year plan
+ 18 months free

Offer automatically activated when your current plan ends

Subscription will start on January 10, 2024

No payment taken today – you'll pay 14 days before your new subscription starts

$3.29/mo$98.70 billed for 30 months

Seems reasonable, I paid $89 for 28 months previously.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

yesterday using Nord was hopeless , on my 5g i was getting very high speeds  and tv was great but when using Nord for geo reasons the speed was chopped down to useless   been like that for last 4 days ,,

As I have mentioned previously, I have found that Smart DNS Proxy to be the best of the lot, especially when trying to watch BBC iPlayer. I did have Nord for a while, but had problems with that because it would occasionally drop out for some reason and I couldn't get to the bottom of why so I changed, as mentioned above.

The others I have tried include: – My Expat VPN, Express VPN, Cyber Ghost VPN, Total AV and Panda, although not sure if the last two were actually VPNs – – too long ago to remember now!

Don't think I will change from Smart DNS Proxy, because it's been excellent for the past months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

As I have mentioned previously, I have found that Smart DNS Proxy to be the best of the lot, especially when trying to watch BBC iPlayer. I did have Nord for a while, but had problems with that because it would occasionally drop out for some reason and I couldn't get to the bottom of why so I changed, as mentioned above.

The others I have tried include: – My Expat VPN, Express VPN, Cyber Ghost VPN, Total AV and Panda, although not sure if the last two were actually VPNs – – too long ago to remember now!

Don't think I will change from Smart DNS Proxy, because it's been excellent for the past months.

Totally agree! Took out a three-year plan week before last. Works out at just over one dollar per month.

• Like 1

Is Kaspersky safe even though its Russian?

Is Kaspersky Antivirus safe to use? We don't recommend using Kaspersky Antivirus, because there might be security issues related to its user identification ties to the Russian secret services.15 Nov 2023

I would touch anything Russian for next 500 yrs.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, NextG said:

Yes you are correct, the price I quoted was from my Kaspersky dashboard which I would never go for. With my security package I bought via google at a greatly discounted price compared with what they were offering me directly.

OK maybe I have ben a bit unfair to Nord ,, My 5g AIS is very fast anyhing from 39mbps to 118mbps  with low ping and latency and  always giving good 4k and 1440 Kbits for video  so I  invesigated further , You tube and Netflix are faultless  never buffer   so its some channels on My X96max  that are the problem  its not the box itself its all up to date runs cool and has plenty of memory   its just certain servers i like the shows from that seem to have issues  and there is not much I can do about that  ,

so may try Wizz IPTV  for a while and see how that works out

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 2:30 PM, bamnutsak said:

Any recommendations once you get to the end of the initial Nord VPN (2 years + 4 months in my case), and are offered an auto-renewal at a much higher price (~ $100/year)?

Cancel, or try to, and see if they cough up an offer?

Brave browser has a VPN add-on, I believe, buy they do try it on at renewal with a higher subscription (more than current new sub offers).  If you try it on back at them they can give a better renewal offer than new subscribers are being offered.  My renewal, due this month, was $99.00 (new subs $52), eventually I was offered $49.50 after a few emails.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, stupidfarang said:

Hi, looking for a VPN to connect with the UK, need reliable, fast, VPN. Can you share your thoughts on VPN's you have used? Just need the basic as have paid security programme, am Looking at Surfshark, any comments about them?

Realize that a VPN provider is actually able to track everything you do.  Use one that has no logging.  Keeps no memory.  Cannot comply with a law enforcement request due to the fact they have no log.  I use Nord.  There are others just as good.  Nothing these days for free is really free.  You're always paying something, one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1