sand for sandblasting

Pouatchee

hi dunno if this is the right place for this topic, but i cant find anywhere else to post. i did not find a construction place to post.

now, hahaha, before anyone suggests using beach sand or the sand i can get at a construction shop you need to know this sand simply doesnt work. how do i know? because i tried them all already. this sand just doesnt work. i sifted it, i dried it and i did everything i could to try to get it to work, but it simply doesnt work. i have a beast of a compressor, so air pressure is no issue and i have 3 different sandblasting apparatuses and sand beach and construction sand for concrete dont work either. 

i asked the shops like mega home and hardware house if they have such sand and they say 'special order' -- next thing they say 'mai mee'.

any ideas anyone? other than the types of sands i mentioned above?

cheers... will be giving bonus thanks emojis to any good suggestion... :intheclub:

9 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

wheel mags... patches of rust on my car... steel i need to use to weld etc...

Do you have a pressure washer? You could investigate wet blasting. Very fine sand can be found on construction sites with a lot of heavy truck use. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thanks 1