Family demands justice for unexplained death of 17 year old girl at welfare centre

webfact

ตายเป็นปี.jpg

The death of a 17 year old girl while under the care of a welfare centre in Ratchaburi, has left her grandfather and father seeking justice.

The family only recently discovered the death of the girl, Nong Not, when contacted by officials last week, despite her passing in October last year. The family is now demanding a clear explanation regarding the cause of death, and to know whether the girl was subjected to any form of abuse.

Nong Not’s 70 year old grandfather Prachak and 45 year old father Tawee were visited by Manit Sogao Kha and Suwannan Khai Saksit, the Permanent Secretary of Sri Bun Ruang Subdistrict and the village head of Muang Kaew Village, respectively. The family voiced their grievances towards the incident, expressing their immense sorrow and longing for justice.

by Nattapong Westwood

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

But they did not appear to care for many weeks.

At least a year, according to the link, because his phone broke. I suppose checking on her using a landline never occurred to him.

However, in late 2022, his phone broke, and due to financial constraints, he was unable to replace it, leading to a loss of contact with his granddaughter.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Regardless of why the family did not visit, or care, a 17 year old girl is dead. Her relationship with her parents does not change that.

First : she died a year ago and her parents were notified a year later? Realy?

They did not even give the parents a chance for a funeral? What did they do? Put her out with friday's garbage?

Second: I understand  that she had medical issues from a previous accident. But for the most part 17 year olds don't just die. Was there an investigation as to the cause of death?

If anything like this happened in any civilized country, heads would roll.

In any civilized country?
Maybe Belgium is not a civilized country?
www,child-abduction.net

8 hours ago, Confuscious said:

In any civilized country?
Maybe Belgium is not a civilized country?
www,child-abduction.net

I don't understand the comment about Belgium, and don't know what happen there. 

but I am sure if a tenager died under the care of the state , there would be an investigation

and the parents would be promptly notified.

If they were not I am sure  at the very least people would be fired, and perhaps prosecuted.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1