Air India to begin direct flights between Delhi and Phuket

snoop1130

Indian-Wedding-1024x600.jpg

As part of its ongoing expansion in Southeast Asia, Air India will begin operating direct flights from Delhi to Phuket. Travel Daily News reports that the non-stop service will launch on December 15, to meet tourist and trade demand. Between now and May 2024, Thailand offers visa-free entry for stays of up to 30 days for travellers from India.

The carrier plans to operate a A320 NEO aircraft on the route, which has 150 Economy seats and 12 Business class seats. The incoming flight, AI 378, will depart Delhi at 01.10am, arriving in Phuket at 07.10am local time. The return flight, AI 379, will take off from Phuket at 08.10am, touching down in Delhi at 10.50am.

Nipun Aggarwal, Chief Commercial & Transformation Officer with Air India, says that initially the service will operate 4 times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, before increasing to a daily service from January.

By Peter Roche

Caption: Indian Wedding in Phuket

Full story: Phuket GO 2023-11-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I recently flew Air India from BKK to Mumbai and it was the worst flight that I have ever been on .

Why? I flew BKK Delhi Heathrow return  it was the cheapest, and free 3 date changes, nice food, crew a bit grumpy, but they were having pay/strike issues at the time, short stopovers. 5* from me.