What if I can not return on time to extend my Non-Imm O retirement ?

My yearly extension has to be done before end of February.

However end of this month I need return to my home country for a serious surgical intervention which may require several follow up visits ...so that I may not be able to report on time at Immigration for a new one year extension.

Will Immigration except if I come late or will I need to do all the paperwork for a new retiree visa at the Thai Embassy in my home country?

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Two months before expiry is pushing it, but it never hurts to ask.

Go cap in hand to immigration and explain your situation, you never know your luck.

It's actually three months, making it even less likely that Immigration will do an early extension. But as you say, it never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sophon said:

It's actually three months, making it even less likely that Immigration will do an early extension. But as you say, it never hurts to ask.

Yeah, I was thinking December had already arrived.

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I was thinking December had already arrived.

Maybe the OP did too, referring to tomorrow as "the end of this month" would be a little unusual. So maybe you were right all along.

Edited by Sophon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, don't stress.

Clearly you have everything in place re funds in bank etc.

Just return visa exempt and obtain new non O.

Couple of months later a 12month extension 

he will also save 1,000 THB by not needing a Single Entry :blink:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, fvw53 said:

Will Immigration except if I come late or will I need to do all the paperwork for a new retiree visa at the Thai Embassy in my home country?

No big deal to come back on a new visa, done it twice in the last year or so.

You haven't said which country, many are all online now and fairly straightforward.

1 hour ago, CecilM said:

No.

You will have to start your visa application from scratch. You might want to plan to return on a proper 60-day tourist visa. 

He would not require a SETV.

He could enter visa exempt or obtain Non O in his own country.

I had diverticulitis and had to go to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. After I stabilized I decided to fly to Hawaii to consult with my doctor. It was about three months prior before I would renew my retirement visa so I knew I wouldn’t make it back in time. Immigration at Jomtien said they do it for 19,000 baht. That was before the pandemic so I don’t know if the policy is the same for emergency situations.

12 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Go to an agent and pay the 8k baht (fee if you have your own funds). 

I believe they can extend up to 90 days out.  Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. 

Maneerat did mine 6 weeks prior to renewal date. But if you ask around, you never know.

23 hours ago, fvw53 said:

My yearly extension has to be done before end of February.

However end of this month I need return to my home country for a serious surgical intervention which may require several follow up visits ...so that I may not be able to report on time at Immigration for a new one year extension.

You can do it up to 100 days before if you use a agent in Pattaya and keep the same date.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:39 AM, fvw53 said:

You will need to start all over again. When your present extension of stay expires, so do your legal stay. Therefore your re-enter will be on new terms like visa exempt or with a new e-visa/visa from a Thai embassy. You can for example enter visa exempt and change to non-immigrant type-O domestically in Thailand.

17 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Did you ask them why?

It is in the regulations.

I showed them a printout from the bureau website quoting the requirements but because it had a link in blue at the bottom of the page to bangkok/imm, they pushed it back at me saying,"This is from Bangkok, go to Bangkok".

On 11/30/2023 at 8:11 AM, Max Brok said:

Can one go out of the country if you are in consideration time?

Yes, you will need a new re-entry permit and must return before the end of your under-consideration stamp.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:08 AM, hotandsticky said:

Not if dealing personally with Immigration....twice I have been told 30 days...

6 posts up from yours someone has reportedly done it, but has obviously been asked to help the process along with a brown envelope.