where to stay for one week in February

If you go on holiday anywhere during the financial crisis you are a national benefactor for the country you travel to......Stay at home and relax because America is almost ready for bankruptsy. Every week many branch banks are closed in order to avoid totally shut down.

animated-goat-image-0022 left.gif

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

If you go on holiday anywhere during the financial crisis you are a national benefactor for the country you travel to......Stay at home and relax because America is almost ready for bankruptsy. Every week many branch banks are closed in order to avoid totally shut down.

animated-goat-image-0022 left.gif

He lives in Thailand. He wants to go to Samui. He can't save US banks.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:05 AM, hotandsticky said:

Perhaps I could pay in Dollars.....and eat McDonald's on holiday.

Then you definitely should choose to stay in Chaweng Beach or Lamai Beach to save transportation cost to a McD...:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 12:20 AM, hotandsticky said:

Update.

Chaweng beach favoured, quieter end preferred, sea view preferred.

Budget up to £200 per night, quite happy to pay less.

You would have many option for up to £200 per night. A good way to check beach-end resorts is to use Google Street View and "walk" by the beach. When you find something interesting it will often be shown on the map with a link to a website or other kind of information. You can also check prices via the hotel-booking sites, they might have good offers.

The quiet areas are north and south, but can still be within a healthy walking distance from McD, there in one a bit south and another in the central party-area...:biggrin:

Depending of you choice of holiday live-style, THIS area up north is cosy and quiet and has some affordable priced nice bungalows both beachfront and second row. But in general are many of the beach-side resort amazingly quiet when you come inside the area – of course, apart from those with beach parties like Ark Bar Resort – but close to nightlife action, there might be some noise if staying true beachfront.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:20 AM, hotandsticky said:

Update.

Chaweng beach favoured, quieter end preferred, sea view preferred.

Budget up to £200 per night, quite happy to pay less.

I'd book the Lodge in Fisherman's Village...or somewhere in Maenam if you want very quiet...while FV is busyish evenings its dead in the daytime on the beach and great views to Koh Phangan.

I see this place has deteriorated over the years in its advice though.

Have a great trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smokie36 said:

I'd book the Lodge in Fisherman's Village...or somewhere in Maenam if you want very quiet...while FV is busyish evenings its dead in the daytime on the beach and great views to Koh Phangan.

I agree with the comments that you made but but the downside is that food and drink in Fisherman's is probably the most expensive on Samui.

The food is good, but expensive.

For me, Choengmon is better value for money and a much better beach than Fisherman's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I agree with the comments that you made but but the downside is that food and drink in Fisherman's is probably the most expensive on Samui.

The food is good, but expensive.

For me, Choengmon is better value for money and a much better beach than Fisherman's.

Truth there....but less to do of an evening...for me in Samui now I'd go south and I don't mean Lamai...but most folks want a nice beach and things to do of an evening.

FV yeah food can be silly if you are not careful I guess.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 3:14 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Lamaii is the only place I've stayed at, but like 9 yrs ago. How is it today?

Different now, compared to 9 years ago. If it's an improvement or not, depends of what one is looking for or expects...:whistling:

• Agree 1