where to stay for one week in February

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Now you'll really upset the OP, not the forum he wants, wait for his rude reply.

Unless OP & family enjoy breathing moderate to unhealthy air, the safer bet would be head South, and below Hua Hun, possibly below us at PKK, and best Chumphon and points beyond.

My experience anyway.   

And the AQI rating isn't the most concerning, as if in the moderate to unhealthy range, then the PM2.5 is usually anywhere between 3 to 10X+ healthy limits.

image.png.0a976877834ec6237d46f405a3adf5ea.png

Present Hua Hin reading @ 1400 hrs, and it's only Dec 1st

hh aqi.png

Edited by KhunLA

OP ... always check the AQI/PM2.5 before heading out.

We headed over to Chanthaburi next week, I think, and getting a bit of rain now, so hopefully not too bad after the weekend.

hh aqi.png

Edited by KhunLA

32 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Mae Rampung beach Rayong. Beach, seaside, no trash, quiet no girlie bars. Come and enjoy.. Can get busy weekends with Thai Tourists. Bang Saen Beach, not as nice, heavy tourists weekends. 

Islands better beaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Please Don't ever come to KC again. Ok it's on that forum but their is no need for your very rude replies. Calling someone Retarded just goes to show what kind of person you are.

No. It shows what sort of person you are..   read the thread titles next time to avoid making stupid comments.

Will be in KC n January ..and March....and probably September. It's only 3.5 hours away.

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

No. It shows what sort of person you are..   read the thread titles next time to avoid making stupid comments.

Will be in KC n January ..and March....and probably September. It's only 3.5 hours away.

Correct. These trolls must be desperate. Trolling a Samui topic.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It's only 3.5 hours away.

From where Rayong? from Bkk on motorway 6hrs12mins. Via Highway3  6hr 45min if you get green lights all the way. Pattaya 4hrs 55min and again you'll need green lights all the way. you are talking BS or are you a crazy driver? even from Rayong it is 4hrs+

Edited by brianthainess

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

From where Rayong? from Bkk 6hrs 12mins Via Highway3  6hr 45min if you get green lights all the way. 4hrs 55min and again you'll need green lights all the way. you are talking BS or are you a crazy driver? even from Rayong it is 4hrs+

Who cares about Rayong?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

From where Rayong? from Bkk on motorway 6hrs12mins. Via Highway3  6hr 45min if you get green lights all the way. Pattaya 4hrs 55min and again you'll need green lights all the way. you are talking BS or are you a crazy driver? even from Rayong it is 4hrs+

None of your business.

3.5 hours last month from the ferry terminal to my house. I don't hang about.

I have also done it in 4 hours from Pattaya.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

6,000 baht a night?  I used to pay 5000 per month.  They saw you coming.

Stop....please don't show yourself up more than you already have done.

You wouldn't know what a 6,000 Baht a night room looked like if it smacked you on the ar5e! 

I haven't been yet so I doubt they saw me coming.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:

It does not matter it still is located in Thailand 

I have no idea what your point is. Most Thais have never been there. They live in Thailand. I know people who have been to Phuket 30 times. They don't live in Thailand. Living in Thailand has nothing to do with Samui or KPN.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Thanks for that.

This is really early stage planning and I not considered linking the two places.

Nightlife is not important, relaxation and having a choice of restaurants is.

Samed for relaxing can't be beat but as others have stayed what you are looking for makes a difference.