where to stay for one week in February

19 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Stupid question without telling what you want to do... beaches,  girls,  ladyboys, boys, temples, food...

Most dont go there for temples. Girls at all major beaches.

Thong Pan Nan Yai is a nice quiet beach. Lamai on Samui is more busy but good.

KPN is pretty small. Easy to do on motorbike. Not much traffic.

Samui has bad traffic. So Samui more important to pick beach.

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Don't bother replyinging with a <deleted> stupid answer then!

Samui has heaps more nightlife. KPN is more about relaxing. I liked both. Never been to Tao.

Id split them 4n Samui, 3n KPN if it was me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bignok said:

Samui has heaps more nightlife. KPN is more about relaxing. I liked both. Never been to Tao.

Id split them 4n Samui, 3n KPN if it was me.

Thanks for that.

This is really early stage planning and I not considered linking the two places.

Nightlife is not important, relaxation and having a choice of restaurants is.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Thanks for that.

This is really early stage planning and I not considered linking the two places.

Nightlife is not important, relaxation and having a choice of restaurants is.

Samui heaps more restaurants. Samui you could need 2 weeks to see it all. KPN can see it all in 5 nights.

• Like 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

relaxation and having a choice of restaurants is.

Then I suggest Choengmon or Maenam.

Lots of choices at both.

Usually good sunsets in February, so Maenam probably better for that reason - especially if you are with your partner. Lots of good restaurants with exceptional views.

• Like 1

There are many beach/sea view option available in the 3k to 6k baht range, even nice beachfront bungalows or rooms.

It's merely a question if you wish something more than looking at the sea or being in front on the beach?

One thing to consider is transportation. If you for example fins an great place to stay by Maenam Bay or Bo Phut Bay, but wish to visit the nightlife often, you should rather consider Chaweng Beach. If you however, are looking for excursions like daylong boat trips to the marine park or neighbouring islands, or daytrip on Samui, there will normally be a pick-up service included at your hotel, and you will be brought back after the tour. In such a case, could a little more remote from nightlife destination – which can still have plenty of good restaurants and some cosy pubs – like Maenam Bay or Bo Phut Bay and several other places, be excellent options.

You can use Google Street View to "walk the beaches", and when you find something of interest you will find a link to a website for further information.

If you tell little more in the group here, about what you are looking for, you might get some useful suggestions for places to stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you do decide to split your week between Samui and Koh Phangan I've made a suggestion above for Samui. For Phangan I'd consider heading to Buri Rasa resort at Thong Nai Pan Noi beach. It's away from the crowds. They can arrange private speedboat transfer from Samui directly to the resort or collect you from Thongsala pier if you make your own transport arrangements from Samui.

https://www.burirasa.com/phangan/

I've stayed at both of the suggested resorts and found both excellent.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

This is not about Koh Chang.

Done that 3 times in the last 12 months.... only a 3.5 hour drive away.

You Wanted Recommendations for somewhere to to stay, I gave you one!, KC is only 3.5 hrs. from where? certainly not from BKK more like 5+ hours or Patts and if you only have one week as YOU stated then flying to Trat is a sensible option. You are calling others Morons I suggest you take a long hard look in a mirror. If you had stated in your OP you don't want to come to Koh Chang I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to give yo a recommendation. MORON.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You Wanted Recommendations for somewhere to to stay, I gave you one!, KC is only 3.5 hrs. from where? certainly not from BKK more like 5+ hours or Patts and if you only have one week as YOU stated then flying to Trat is a sensible option. You are calling others Morons I suggest you take a long hard look in a mirror. If you had stated in your OP you don't want to come to Koh Chang I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to give yo a recommendation. MORON.

You really are as retarded as your posts suggest............this the Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao forum you MORON...:biggrin:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You really are as retarded as your posts suggest............this the Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao forum you MORON...:biggrin:

Please Don't ever come to KC again. Ok it's on that forum but their is no need for your very rude replies. Calling someone Retarded just goes to show what kind of person you are.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1