Mesai border closed. Now what?

Fly out of Thailand return to any nearby country and you'll get a stamp (30 days) upon your Thai return.  Border runs will also get you 30 days.  It would be helpful to know what country your passport is, how long you have been in Thailand, previous Thai visas, border runs etc. 

Edited by swerve
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Border runs are cheap and will likely give you an additional 30 days stay.  This is long enough to change your tourist entry/border run to an O visa and then to the yearly retirement stay.  For the retirement stay you will need to have cash in a Thai bank and/or money incoming.

You should visit an immigration office and get the proper info from them.

Edited by swerve
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, swerve said:

You should visit an immigration office and get the proper info from them.

That would be pretty much useless.

The OP needs sensible post (he did not provide one.

Thinking he meant this...

" I entered Thailand visa exempt and obtained 30 day extension which expires Dec 4.

I need to exit Thailand and return visa exempt inorder to obtain a Non O retirement at immigration.

Subsequently a 12 month extension"

Heaps of threads on this.

The OP vague at best. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry; that bus trip to Mesai was real exhausting. I entered Thailand by air from abroad as a visa exampt then (as i said) got that extended at Immigration.  the stamp expires Dec. 4.  I think I'l fly to Udon thani, get a stamp & back to Ch Mai.  I have a deadline to meet as well.  I'll go  in a day or 2.

4 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

And I have a visa company to deal with the retirement visa but they need 20 days min. left on the stamp (as Im sure you know). 

CM requires 21days remaining on stamp.

Unfamiliar with agents that can obtain non retirement and subsequent extension in CM.

Please report back your explain the future. 

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Where should I go now to get a stamp? 

Go to the exit in Chiang Saen.  It’s right up near the Golden Triangle.  It’s 100 baht for the boat over and 70 baht to get back.  The Lao visa is $40 US or they quoted me 2000 baht.  Also bring 1 photo.  When you return to Thailand they might want to see 10,000 baht, they have a little print out of what you need to show when you return.  Also there is a taxi stand right next to the immigration office and they advertise rides to Chiang Rai.