Which is preferable, a marriage visa or a retirement visa?

13 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

thai womens only see foreigner like an opportunity to take as much money they can from him, is nothing new in thailand

Jack ..it's just a bitter post.

Stick to the gist of the thread which is regarding extensions marriage vs retirement.

Your experience with Thai woman is irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Jack ..it's just a bitter post.

Stick to the gist of the thread which is regarding extensions marriage vs retirement.

Your experience with Thai woman is irrelevant. 

I just said my opinion, much better a retirement visa

30 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Yes, much better to be single in thailand and enjoy the country without any stress from this womens

Bad experiences with women, Jack?
Perhaps the answer to your problems is staring right at you, in the mirror.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

thai womens only see foreigner like an opportunity to take as much money they can from him, is nothing new in thailand

Perhaps ... but not for all.

I had the 22nd anniversary with my Thai wife a few days ago.  I have to keep reminding myself how lucky I am.

Like myself, while we were married (before us moving back to Thailand), she was an engineer in Europe, earning an engineers salary. She did not need to live with me for money - she had and has more than enough of her own money.

I hope that you eventually have the good fortunate like myself, to meet a Thai women who can see you for your qualities other your money.  In my case my wife has more than enough of her own money and my money is IMHO not relatively large enough to be a factor for her sticking around with me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

An extension based on a previous OA entry also requires health insurance, so NO it is not only the OA VISA that has the requirement.

It is called an OA even after extension, I went through this for several years am now on an O.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, flexomike said:

It is called an OA even after extension, I went through this for several years am now on an O.

You may call it by any name you choose,  pink elephant sounds nice 😊 better than OA or O.

However its name is an extension of stay if you want or need you can add from an OA Visa, from an O Visa or which ever category of visa you extend from

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 12/1/2023 at 8:48 PM, JeffersLos said:

So why on Earth does anybody get a Non OA visa for retirement when they can simply arrive, then get a Non O based on retirement in country and not need insurance?

FLIFO overseas worker. My schedule of “constant international travel”  near every month for two weeks makes the conversion process impossible. 

On 12/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, DrJack54 said:

For retirement with 800k being maintained for 5 months and with the 400k minimum for other months there is very real risk of accident.

Unless your extension is based on revenue

• Thumbs Up 1