Losing my religion

bignok

23 hours ago, bignok said:

I asked before about meditation retreats but asking again for clarity from those that have done 7 days to 30 days.

Does it improve your ability to relax? Disconnect? Zone out or zone in? Does it improve your patience? Improve your ability to not care?

Actually it may become one of the most difficult things you've done.

I suggest going to a place like Wat Umong Meditation Center (if they still exist) and spending 3 days there to figuratively 'get your feet wet.'  If you can handle 3 days there then you may be able to handle 21 days elsewhere like the International Meditation Center at Wat Doi Suthep. 

Does it improve your ability to relax? Disconnect? Zone out or zone in? Does it improve your patience? Improve your ability to not care?
That is quite literally impossible to answer. It may.  It may not.  But?  Meditation is NOT about becoming distracted, or "zoned-out," or apathetic, or relaxed.  Meditation IS about investigating the nature of "mind." Watching the process of mind fabricating what you consider to be 'reality.' That process can be relaxing.  It can also drag up every fear and anxiety that you've ever had.  Which is the point.  The point is to watch without getting involved.  The meditation technique can take you to a place where you CAN watch without getting involved.  That's the essence of Vipassana.  Insight into the illusory nature of mind.

The only way you will know is to go do it.  If you think that 21 days of meditation is going to change your life?  It may if you maintain the meditation practice.  It is NOT a quick fix. 

Want a quick fix?  Ayahuasca. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

23 hours ago, bignok said:

I asked before about meditation retreats but asking again for clarity from those that have done 7 days to 30 days.

Try fasting in solitude for a week.  You'd be amazed at what kind of things crawl up from the ooze of the past to be examined and reconciled.  

22 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Mae Hong Son has a place with no strict schedule and no silence requirement. Try 3 days there and see if you want to do more. 

Hi. Could you share some more information about this please? When I Google it, I get unrelated results. Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Try talking a normal adult instead of some teenage internet thing. I'm not suprised either.

I saw the real one.

It was a comment aimed at your spelling (which also applies to your post quoted above) combined with a play on words. However, most on here know you are not too bright so it is no surprise it went totally over your head. 

You went to see Pavoroti did you? You probably think Placido Domingo is the guy who sells pizza.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Keeps said:

It was a comment aimed at your spelling (which also applies to your post quoted above) combined with a play on words. However, most on here know you are not too bright so it is no surprise it went totally over your head. 

You went to see Pavoroti did you? You probably think Placido Domingo is the guy who sells pizza.

Ok whatever kid. Another 14yo.

Edited by bignok
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Keeps said:

What was your previous name pizza boy?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Keeps said:

I just clicked on your profile. I see now. Did you finish high school? Pattaya your life now? Makes sense. Usually the lower end of town where you come from end up there.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

I just clicked on your profile. I see now. Did you finish high school? Pattaya your life now? Makes sense. Usually the lower end of town where you come from end up there.

You really are a sad individual. I would pity you if I gave a flying <deleted>. Not that is has anything to do with you but I spend no time whatsoever in Pattaya. Purely out of personal choice rather than any criticism of Pattaya itself as a venue.

Go and pester someone else bogan.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Keeps said:

You really are a sad individual. I would pity you if I gave a flying f##k. Not that is has anything to do with you but I spend no time whatsoever in Pattaya. Purely out of personal choice rather than any criticism of Pattaya itself as a venue.

Go and pester someone else bogan.

Go pester? 555 Your started the argument buddy. I'm talking about Pavorotti. You started talking crap about Indians and pizza.

I can see you have no class. Yes you are sad. Don't start arguments if you are going to spit the dummy like a teenager.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Go pester? 555 Your started the argument buddy. I'm talking about Pavorotti. You started talking crap about Indians and pizza.

I can see you have no class. Yes you are sad. Don't start arguments if you are going to spit the dummy like a teenager.

Once again, I think you will find that it is Pavarotti. Are you sure you actually went to see him? 

• Like 1

Just now, Keeps said:

Once again, I think you will find that it is Pavarotti. Are you sure you actually went to see him? 

He's dead buddy. I saw him 20 years ago. You sound jealous. Save up your pennies and go see somebody else.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ebumbu said:

Hi. Could you share some more information about this please? 

It's a forest retreat between MHS and Pai. Grab Cab-able.

https://www.wattamwua.com

The English-speaking Abbot gave us amulets and had a little chat with us (we donated a big bag of rice).

As per the custom, the abbot passed the amulet to an assistant to give to my wife -lest he inadvertently touch a woman.

In Laos, The abbot of Luang Prubang had never touched a woman in his entire life (he was 80). It was a matter of great local pride.

1 minute ago, Prubangboy said:

It's a forest retreat between MHS and Pai. Grab Cab-able.

https://www.wattamwua.com

The English-speaking Abbot gave us amulets and had a little chat with us (we donated a big bag of rice).

As per the custom, the abbot passed the amulet to an assistant to give to my wife -lest he inadvertently touch a woman.

In Laos, The abbot of Luang Prubang had never touched a woman in his entire life (he was 80). It was a matter of great local pride.

Thats the one i saw on youtube. Might go there.

• Haha 1