Hanoi or Hoh Chi Minh Non B application

Dear all,

After a brief sabitical I have been offered a job in Thailand and have to obtain B visa from outside country. FYI I am a British citizen and not a teacher.

I would like to do this at Thai embassy in Vietnam. 

May I ask what has been everyone's experience for using the embassy in Hanoi or HCM. Company will supply all docs to support. I'm hearing it can take 3 business days, e.g. apply Monday morning pick up Wednesday afternoon. Hanoi appears just to allow walk in. HCM embassy requests booking online appointment 2 weeks in advance :/

Is either embassy more stricter than the other?

Thanks in advance for advice. 

34 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Hanoi does not allow to walk in, you need to make appointment, takes a few days to process as well. Be prepared to need more documents than you get, thus needing extra days to still get what you might be missing, in Hanoi. 

I checked Hanoi embassy website and couldn't find anything to make an appointment. Where as HCM quite informative of appointment process. I'm hopeful of not needing to wait 2 weeks for appointment. 

Are you saying Hanoi is overly strict? Or just urging on side of caution? 

Just now, bangkok blue said:

I checked Hanoi embassy website and couldn't find anything to make an appointment. Where as HCM quite informative of appointment process. I'm hopeful of not needing to wait 2 weeks for appointment. 

Are you saying Hanoi is overly strict? Or just urging on side of caution? 

Has anyone been successful in getting an appointment in less than 2 weeks?

I'm unsure about pre-booked appointments in Hanoi now but in August 2022 it was a take a ticket upon entry. 

If you didn't get seen before closing, then you would be first in the morning. 

But hey, procedures change all the time. 

On 12/3/2023 at 12:50 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Hanoi does not allow to walk in, you need to make appointment, takes a few days to process as well. Be prepared to need more documents than you get, thus needing extra days to still get what you might be missing, in Hanoi. 

Thanks. Booked appointment. Docs are clear. Pretty sure all will be fine. I had success there back in 2006. But I'm sure different officials at embassy not in Hanoi.