Can I apply for my extension of stay based on marriage as late as only 12 days before it expires?

The reason is that it is possible that money needed to put back money spent from my 400,000 baht fund due to emergencies earlier this year might not come in time to top the fund back up the necessary 2 months before my normal application date of 4 weeks before  extension expiry. So the money might arrive late giving 2 months in the bank ending only 1  weeks before the previous extension of stay expires. 

Relevant dates could be as late as 25th January 400,000 in my bank with an extension of stay expiring 5th April, the 2 months maturation ending only 12 days before expiry of the previous extension of stay.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, if you for some reason cannot satisfy financials prior to expiry, you could obtain 60 extension to visit wife provided you have not used that already. 

Not a problem in that sense, I can satisfy financials but guaranteed 2 month date is only 12 days BEFORE extension expiry. But others have said I'm ok if it becomes necessary to apply 12 days before rather than my usual month so that's my answer!

4 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Not a problem in that sense, I can satisfy financials but guaranteed 2 month date is only 12 days BEFORE extension expiry. But others have said I'm ok if it becomes necessary to apply 12 days before rather than my usual month so that's my answer!

That is correct.

The 15 days + remaining on permission of stay is to apply for non O from visa exempt or tourist visa entry. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, cliveshep said:

The reason is that it is possible that money needed to put back money spent from my 400,000 baht fund due to emergencies earlier this year might not come in time to top the fund back up the necessary 2 months before my normal application date of 4 weeks before  extension expiry. So the money might arrive late giving 2 months in the bank ending only 1  weeks before the previous extension of stay expires. 

Relevant dates could be as late as 25th January 400,000 in my bank with an extension of stay expiring 5th April, the 2 months maturation ending only 12 days before expiry of the previous extension of stay.

As long time reliable expert @Lite Beer has already stated, no problem. I've done my extension on the date of expiry (Due to unforeseen circumstances) in the past. Just make sure all your docs are in order.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, cliveshep said:

Don't  forget that is 2 full calender months , not 15th of one month to 15th of month after next. At least , that is the requirement  at my immigration  office.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Don't  forget that is 2 full calendar months , not 15th of one month to 15th of month after next. At least , that is the requirement  at my immigration  office.

Hopefully then Chang Wattana take a 15th to 15th 2 months later because if it is calendar months there would only be a couple of days and if the money doesn't arrive by 1st Jan as in fact it should that will be the scenario.

8 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Hopefully then Chang Wattana take a 15th to 15th 2 months later because if it is calendar months there would only be a couple of days and if the money doesn't arrive by 1st Jan as in fact it should that will be the scenario.

I mentioned this as it was the unforeseen circumstance I mentioned. 

I counted the 2 months using dates. My immigration office wanted 2 full calender months which left me with just 1 day in hand as my permission to stay expired on November 2nd.

But this is Thailand so a different office might not want this requirement  

14 hours ago, cliveshep said:

I've done mine a day before it expired in the past.

However I normally do it a couple of weeks before as I did in October this year.