People going "Bananas". Here is proof.

swissie

By looking at my surroundings, I felt that people are not the same as 50 years ago. More irratic behaviour, more erratic speach. I thought that this is only my imagination. But no, now it's officially confirmed: The world is going "Bananas".

Here is proof:
- Annually, health insurance companies in my home country publish a bulletin. The highest "cost factor" they have to cover is "Psychic ailments/addictions". Devastating. This is nothing than alarming. What are the causes that so many people need "psychiatric help" these days? When I was 20 years old nobody even knew what a psychiatrist was.

If I had a son, I would not recommend him to become an astronaut, a doctor or a nuclear scientist, I would recommend to him to become a psychiatrist or any other occupation that contains the word "psycho". As for those, a golden age has just begun. Including modern day esoteric "snake oil salesmen".

I am too old to study "psychiatry", but I still would like to be part of "modern day life". So I ask if there are any institutions or websites where one can learn erratic behavior and erratic speach. With the aim to remain part of the "modern day society" where abnormality is the new normality.

I don't have the wisdom to glean between people with real problems and the people who have made-up problems, so I don't try.

If they say they have a problem, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Or just go along with what is usually their self-diagnosis that seems to suit what they want to do anyway.

It's just easier to treat the fake-crazy and the real-crazy the same. If they don't go on and on about it, we can be friends.

I get off the train when they start to diagnose others. Narcissism affects merely the tiniest sliver of the world, and yet every third person claims to have been massively affected by it. If I disagree with them and they tell me I'm gaslighting, as a "toxic" person, it's time to hard-next them.

A lot of people who say they're depressed are simply unhappy. A shrink can't cure unhappiness. That said, I know a fair few depressed people who are alive today due to antidepressants. That women over 40 are the big users makes me sad.

I am def skeptical about the out of nowhere epidemic of ADHD. I have taken those people's drugs recreationally and loved them, partic when mixed with pot.

• Like 1

The OP is absolutely right

More people now seem to be in this meth )ice 

They can't cope with life especially this new generation

They see these vloggers influencers in Facebook and Instagram with muscles and tribal tattoo travel the world drinking protein powder leading what looks like a exciting life only for themselves to go to work everyday in a office or factory so they become depressed

one farang vlogger on YouTube from Phuket with his  tribal tatts , etc was charging $300 an hour for his counselling, he has no qualifications except life experience and was booked out he said !!!

They resort to alcohol and drugs ,same with these people at my workplace in their 60's who are locked into a marriage they hate ,do they stay at work to escape

Edited by georgegeorgia

The world's going to hell in a hand basket. 

Said every aging generation in human history.

Not a new revelation, but we have access to millions of peoples' thoughts, actions, ideas, delusions, and straight up nonsense trolling for fun.   The internet is both a blessing and a curse. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

The world's going to hell in a hand basket. 

Said every aging generation in human history.

Not a new revelation, but we have access to millions of peoples' thoughts, actions, ideas, delusions, and straight up nonsense trolling for fun.   The internet is both a blessing and a curse. 

Exactly...    

There's a loads of social media going around about flat-earth...    obviously a lot of it is click-baitey and ridicule.. but it gives oxygen to utter stupidity...  and thats the problem with a lot of social media - the oxygenation of the most stupid and often the loudest voices.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, novacova said:

It’s more of a social psychosis phenomenon ranging from individuals to small groups to mass psychosis hysterics of large groups. All easily observed on this forum, in the news and individuals on the street.

I think a lot of the young people on social media are just trying to impress the older guys...  :cheesy:

People copy social media

Even in my gym young people are using the word "bro" 

They see this word on social media,the word "mate " is no longer used 

Generation Z the new one are learning by this tik tok and Instagram influencers by getting tribal tattoos, going to the gym ( to take selfies) and wearing red sneakers and carrying  man bags around with them

People need guidance so they watch these influencers on Instagram and start mimicking them 

27 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

People copy social media

Even in my gym young people are using the word "bro" 

They see this word on social media,the word "mate " is no longer used 

Generation Z the new one are learning by this tik tok and Instagram influencers by getting tribal tattoos, going to the gym ( to take selfies) and wearing red sneakers and carrying  man bags around with them

People need guidance so they watch these influencers on Instagram and start mimicking them 

Indeed.  Man purses and the laughable Man Bun hairdoo.   I don't give a s**t, up to them, but it is amusing to watch from the sidelines as sheeple follow the trends.  

Case in point with evolving lexicon is this thread's title, using the "old timey" term "Bananas".  

My Grandmother (1912-1998) used to say the world was going to hell in a hand basket, or "topsy turvey", and the polite term that people were going "nutsy cookie".

My Dad, growing up in the late 40s through the 50s, bit of a "Square" as an adult, would wince in pain listening to me talk as a teenager, using the 1980s surfer/stoner lexicon inspired by Jeff Spicoli in the film Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  Wonder what my Dad would have been like had he participated in the '60s Hippie movement? 

Old military guys complained endlessly about the new generation being a bunch of pansies unprepared to fight the Commies in a war, and thus, the entire country was going to hell.  Ruined forever!    Well, those pansies grew up and now we're thanking them for their service for getting shot up and blown up the past 20-odd years.  So now it's their turn to moan in their beer glasses about the video game playing pu**ies and Nancy Boys who wouldn't last 1 minute in combat much less make it through boot camp training - which, of course, is never as tough as it was back in the day when the old guys went through.  It never is.

Won't be long before I'm the one yelling at clouds, and telling young whipper snappers to turn their gawd damned music down!  :clap2:

Untitled.jpg.2ae2515b911321d76511f805bb39d577.jpg

7 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I don't have the wisdom to glean between people with real problems and the people who have made-up problems, so I don't try.

If they say they have a problem, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Or just go along with what is usually their self-diagnosis that seems to suit what they want to do anyway.

It's just easier to treat the fake-crazy and the real-crazy the same. If they don't go on and on about it, we can be friends.

I get off the train when they start to diagnose others. Narcissism affects merely the tiniest sliver of the world, and yet every third person claims to have been massively affected by it. If I disagree with them and they tell me I'm gaslighting, as a "toxic" person, it's time to hard-next them.

A lot of people who say they're depressed are simply unhappy. A shrink can't cure unhappiness. That said, I know a fair few depressed people who are alive today due to antidepressants. That women over 40 are the big users makes me sad.

I am def skeptical about the out of nowhere epidemic of ADHD. I have taken those people's drugs recreationally and loved them, partic when mixed with pot.

Most modern studies show anti depressant drugs dont work.

16 hours ago, swissie said:

So I ask if there are any institutions or websites where one can learn erratic behavior and erratic speach. With the aim to remain part of the "modern day society" where abnormality is the new normality.

Hash House Harriers 🤔