Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Roojai insurance no claim bonus

Kenny202

Just renewing my policy with RJ today....full comprehensive and noticed on my policy says 50% no claim bonus. I been with them around 4 or 5 years, never made any claims.

I know what a no claim bonus means but 50%? I assume it doesn't mean I am up for 50% of repairs? What does it actually mean or I am only getting 50% of the bonus (whatever that is?)

I have an excess of 5000 baht meaning I need to pay the first 5000 in the event of a claim. They were pretty new when I started with them but about 60% cheaper than the other

company I was with. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with them? I had a covid policy with them I know that was handled pretty badly and blamed on their underwriter or

third party insurer 

It should be noted that the NCB accrues with the vehicle, not with the driver, bizzare I know but that's the way it is. I had a wicked 50% NCB with my truck for 10 years and never claimed once. When I sold my truck and bought a new one, my insurance went right back up to the full price. When queried about this, the insurance company rep confirmed it's the vehicle, not the driver.

11 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

It should be noted that the NCB accrues with the vehicle, not with the driver, bizzare I know but that's the way it is. I had a wicked 50% NCB with my truck for 10 years and never claimed once. When I sold my truck and bought a new one, my insurance went right back up to the full price. When queried about this, the insurance company rep confirmed it's the vehicle, not the driver.

Thai logic, makes sense to them 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Many years ago, I asked my bike insurance company in Thailand about transferring my 50% NCB to a new vehicle. They replied, as you rightly point out, that the NCB was with the vehicle not the rider/driver. I then asked if, on buying a second-hand vehicle whose previous owner had earned maximum 50% NCB on that vehicle, I'd also be entitled to the 50% NCB. I got no response even after repeating the question a few times.

As you say, completely bizarre.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MartinL said:

Many years ago, I asked my bike insurance company in Thailand about transferring my 50% NCB to a new vehicle. They replied, as you rightly point out, that the NCB was with the vehicle not the rider/driver. I then asked if, on buying a second-hand vehicle whose previous owner had earned maximum 50% NCB on that vehicle, I'd also be entitled to the 50% NCB. I got no response even after repeating the question a few times.

As you say, completely bizarre.

It takes time to train new vehicles, Thai's understand this.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

image.png.d9b20c958294dfacb4909514c1d6747e.png

That's weird because my insurance premiums have only gone up the last 5 years. And the insured sum considerably less. Must be like a Thai discount. Jack up the starting price by 30% and give 10% discount

5 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

That's weird because my insurance premiums have only gone up the last 5 years. And the insured sum considerably less. Must be like a Thai discount. Jack up the starting price by 30% and give 10% discount

You need to change insurance companies. Roojai offers the best terms of any that I have seen on the market, not only are the policy costs lower but the insured values are the highest. I paid 900k for my truck and its insured value is over 1 mill., where they got that price from I've no idea although I did get steep discounts on the new model year..

Edited by Mike Lister

• 4 months later...

Got new premium for this year, second year with them, and a 100% rise. Checked internet for first year offer an ended up with same as previous year, where I accepted them to call me for the offer given. 

Now ended up 1500,- baht less than first year. 

Always the same, same in Norway, same in Thailand. Watch out