Non O multiple entries: extension possible?

Hi all,

after several years on extensions of marriage visa, due to bank issues (400K not on time), I had to go to Savannakhet and get a multiple entries marriage visa in March. Last entry on Sept. 27, so I have to do a border bounce before Dec. 27; I am in Chiang Mai and Mae Sai border is closed as far as I know, and I'm not keen on flying to Laos and pay 40$ for a couple of hours...

So, my question: is there any way to switch my ME visa into a single entry marriage visa (at the IO), and then apply for the one year extension as before?...

Thanks for your pertinent answers.

You can extend on any 90 day non immigrant O visa entry if you have had the money in bank for required time.  A 60 day extension from immigration to visit wife should also be available if need more time for money in bank

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can extend on any 90 day non immigrant O visa entry if you have had the money in bank for required time.  A 60 day extension from immigration to visit wife should also be available if need more time for money in bank

Thanks a lot. How much money required for the 90 days marriage visa?

1 minute ago, cm17 said:

It's what you have now if I'm understanding what you got correctly.

Each entry gives you 90 days, you can go for the 12-month extension to any of those entries.

If you have the financials in place do your extension now.

1 minute ago, cm17 said:

You seemed to know that - (400K not on time).  Needs to be in account 2 months.  It will be a normal one year extension of stay.  For the 60 day extension of stay do not believe anything required other than the non immigrant O visa entry and marriage proof.

26 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Each entry gives you 90 days, you can go for the 12-month extension to any of those entries.

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sorry, I thought I had to change visa (from ME to SE): if I understand, I can get the one year extension straight from my ME visa...Thanks.

• Like 1