Complaints

So why are expats or even tourists moving to another country always complaining about everything Don't ask me for links just reading the news. Yes, you can compare but don't complain. Read many stories about American moving or spending time in Australia or vice versa. Or Australians complaining about the UK ones they move there. Ones you move or spend your holiday in that country you must realize that country is not the one you lived in.

Edited by still kicking

Possibly because you give up some rights once you chose to live in another country, after all, you are not a citizen of that country.  Obviously this should be taken into account become deciding to live abroad, but for many, the reality hits home once they settle in, and then they start to complain.  

Can you give some examples of the complaints you are referring to?    

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

So why are expats or even tourists moving to another country always complaining about everything Don't ask me for links just reading the news. Yes, you can compare but don't complain. Read many stories about American moving or spending time in Australia or vice versa. Or Australians complaining about the UK ones they move there. Ones you move or spend your holiday in that country you must realize that country is not the one you lived in.

Do you wish to file a complaint?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:15 PM, still kicking said:

Every country has its faults...  every system within that country has its negative quirks and faults. 

Every country has its advantages... every system within that country also has positive quirks and faults. 

Why can't we discuss, compliment, complain about these observations and experiences? 

Why would a local's complaints be any more valid than a visitors ?

When an Australian moves to the UK, I'm sure they will find things they dislike, their complaints will very likely match the same complaints the British have. 

On This forum, apart from some of the obvious Thai-bashing (such as all Thai-food is rubbish etc)... many of the complaints and observations us westerners make very closely matches those complaints found on Thai forums (such as Panthip). 

---

It does seem that some people have a binary response to such complaints... i.e. 'if you don't like it why did you come here?', or  'if you don't like it go back to where you came from'....   or some other such over simplified dumbed-down and flawed response... 

These people seem to lack the understanding that experiences in life are complex and incredibly multifaceted and thus finding one or two facets disagreeable does not indicate that the observer finds all facets of life in that country disagreeable, far from it in fact. 

Its is the myopic binary response which usually belies a flawed intellect.