30 Day Extensions can only be done one (1) business day prior expiry!!!

Continuing on from this thread: 

Went to Jomtien Immigration again to try and extend for 30 days. I initially went on the 21st November and was told to come back 3-4 days prior and today I was told by the queue desk come back one (1) business day prior to stamp expiry (my stamp expiry is on a Sunday). I handed the girl my paperwork & passport without staying anything, and all was good with the paperwork. She looked at the stamp and said come back one (1) business day prior. I told her that last time in November I was told to come back one week before expiry already, that's why I'm here and she said ask at Counter 1, the exact same story as I was told last time by the other queue number girl (there are only 2 of them). Went to Counter 1 and the lady looked at my paperwork and talked to the man, and same thing they said come back one (1) business day prior to expiry. This is insane. I've got the pics to prove it, not like everyone else here on the forum that's been posting rubbish that Jomtien has no problems with extending whenever they wish or saying they saw with their own eyes that people were getting queue numbers who were there prior than a couple of days before their expiry stamp. I will believe my own experiences, and so should everyone else. Nobody else has provided any proof, but I have below.

This person also had the exact same experience as me. "Come back one day prior to stamp expiry":

IMG_20231207_133554.jpg

IMG_20231207_133509.jpg

Edited by bbi1

In relation to your other thread, you've now shown that when you went on 21 November you still had 27 days left before your entry stamp expiry. No wonder they said come back and this info would have been usefuI in that thread. 

Even now you said they told you to come back 3-4 days before but you still have 10 days before expiry so not unusual when they are so busy

I also wonder how you are able to keep getting to ask questions at desk 1 in the main building without a ticket. They heavily police the entrance to that building, no entry without a ticket and if you're not the next number called they tell you to wait your turn (and you don't have a number)

I'd move, obviously Jomtien IO doesn't like you 😉

Edited by Pattaya57

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

In relation to your other thread, you've now shown that when you went on 21 November you still had 27 days left before your entry stamp expiry. No wonder they said come back and this info would have been usefuI in that thread.

As I mentioned in my other thread, I've always had no issues extending both at Jomtien & BKK up to 30 days prior to stamp expiry for many, many years already.

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I also wonder how you are able to keep getting to ask questions at desk 1 in the main building without a ticket. They heavily police the entrance to that building, no entry without a ticket and if you're not the next number called they tell you to wait your turn (and you don't have a number)

I guess I was able to charm my way past the man guarding the entrance to the building without saying anything to him, both times ;)

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

As I mentioned in my other thread, I've always had no issues extending both at Jomtien & BKK up to 30 days prior to stamp expiry for many, many years already.

But you did, you posted another thread in March saying they rejected your application and to come back 7 days before 

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

But you did, you posted another thread in March saying they rejected your application and to come back 7 days before 

That was the only one time I was on a visa exempt due to the 45 days being given on entry, as opposed to the usual 30 days. Not a rejection, just the queue number lady asking to come back.

All other times I've been on multiple entry tourist visas for many, many years. Always extended 3-4 weeks prior to stamp expiry with no questions & no problems.

Edited by bbi1

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I'm wondering if with that yellow ticket number and 8:30am I can just go to Counter 1 or do I have to line up again with everyone else and get a queue number for Counter 1?

I would say definitely yes as no  point giving you the ticket for 15 December if you had to just line up again

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I'm wondering if with that yellow ticket number and 8:30am I can just go to Counter 1 or do I have to line up again with everyone else and get a queue number for Counter 1?

No problem.

BTW: If I had to deal with that rubbish immigration office, I would do everything using an agent.

Have my agent pick up pp and drop it back to Soi 8 Beach Rd. 

7 minutes ago, vangrop said:

the expiring date on 15 November. I had no issues, I must add that it went through an agent

In other words your post is irrelevant as you used an agent. 

Read post above yours referring to agent. 

Out of interest cost of agent and name would assist others thinking of agent

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In other words your post is irrelevant as you used an agent. 

Read post above yours referring to agent. 

Out of interest cost of agent and name would assist others thinking of agent

So irrelevant explain. The agent did also the extension 8 days before the expiry date. And by the way I had to go together with the agent to Jomtien immagration. There inside the office  the IMO took photos from me and from the requirement form from the agent, also 8 days in advance!?

8 minutes ago, vangrop said:

There inside the office  the IMO took photos from me and from the requirement form from the agent, also 8 days in advance!?

You are overlooking one word ..AGENT.

May as well post in a thread commenting on crowded immigration on arrival and someone chips in with...

"I have agent meet me at airport and provide express lane" 

The OP was not using an agent and his run around from  immigration was very clear. 

So how much was this hand holding service. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vangrop said:

I don't understand your thread I did my extension on 7 November, or 8 days before the expiring date on 15 November. I had no issues, I must add that it went through an agent

I went there myself to extend. You went with an agent who bribes immigration officers for preferential treatment and queue jumping. That's the main difference for you being able to do an early extension. 

Edited by bbi1
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha, I just realised your entry stamp expires only 7 days before mine (24 Dec). Here you've been to immigration twice and told to come back both times and I haven't even thought about going yet 😀

As for the new system, I don't like the only 1 business day before expiry but I'm sure this is only a temporary high season thing. I'm actually thinking the 2 step process is not too bad:

Step 1: Do the long queue to have docs checked and get a confirmed future dated ticket.

Step 2: On ticketed day, go straight to main building and wait your number with no queue required

I use visiting immigration as an excuse to spend the day in Jomtien so I think I don't mind this (never go there otherwise). Would be much different if living a long way away though.

Edited by Pattaya57

28 minutes ago, BumGun said:

A visa isn't entitled right, so what happens if they don't renew ? How long do you have to leave he country if you can only renew the day before ?

I'm guessing you're pretty much stuffed if they don't extend, as you'd be either rushing to do a visa run the next day or looking at an overstay. That being said, I don't recall anyone being denied a 30 day extension but this is Jomtien, anything can happen there different from the past. This one business day prior to stamp expiry never ever used to be in the past either and is a recent brand new thing they've implemented.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem.

BTW: If I had to deal with that rubbish immigration office, I would do everything using an agent.

Have my agent pick up pp and drop it back to Soi 8 Beach Rd. 

Which is perhaps what the immigration office would like, having nice warm convenient relations with the agents and so on...

17 hours ago, BumGun said:

A visa isn't entitled right, so what happens if they don't renew ? How long do you have to leave he country if you can only renew the day before ?

If the extension is denied they'll give you a further 7 days to leave the country.