Brit Charged Over Child’s Death

thaigerd

If this is misinformation from the Gazette, then, why hasn't someone made them accountable for what they have written?

Why was it that the neighbours threatened to call the Police when they SAW the Autistic child being hit?

Why was Curly, every night out selling stuff instead of sleeping or preparing for school the next day?

Why was he out until 11pm and asking his friend if he could borrow money to buy food?

Why was he scared that his friend would mention it to his own Mum that he had spent money on food?

Why couldn't he go to school the next day, if as you say, he wasn't beaten?

Why is he dead? or is that just another fabrication from the press too?

I reiterate exactly what I have said here in this post above and no I am not a member of any Mob! I happen to be a Mum and a StepMum of two children also, however, my kids are all alive with families of their own now, so what would I know?

I do know how difficult it is to raise two stepchildren alongside my own.

I do know how difficult it is to raise them without the father being there a lot of the time as he was in the army and doing active service for his Queen and country.

I do know how difficult it is sometimes to get the point across to my stepchildren when they are being naughty. Nevertheless, I did it without ever raising my hand, foot or stick to them. Amazingly, I did it all with words and explanations of why I'd rather they didn't do something. They too, now, are raising their own children in the same manner.

If I must have an angle SS, then let it be this. Are you so very sure that this mob mentality against Curly's Dad and Curly's Mum is what HE would have wanted? Before you type, please consider this.

Unfortunately, Curly can't give his opinion anymore as he has had taken from him, at the grand old age of 8 years, the ultimate gift of all, his LIFE in what should have been his safest haven. His home!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Joskydive for you thoughts. I think I have tried to answer these with what I know at least. But I will restate them. As for the other points, please PM me and talk to this family. I expect they will have the number of the neighbour quoted who no doubt has a lot more to say and can clarify what little they did say to the Phuket Gazette.

I am surprised at your comments though, as you state you are a mum. Why will you not consider how this young boys mother must be feeling at this moment, and continue with this thread? You do not know this family, you read one report in a paper published hours after their tradged, and her you are passing judgment blindly. You are not part of a mob JD, but you are acting with a mob mentality. That is why justice is done, with police investigation, and a trial by court. That is the place for this, not here.

"I won't comment on the details on the night poor Curly died, in respect of the parents wishes, as I understand the rightful place for this is the court and will respect their privacy, but here are some details you need to know before you continue casting stones at this family. If you decide to keep casting stones, then good for you!

1. Both articles that have appeared in the Phuket Gazette are grossly misrepresented and I am sure the couple and their lawyer will take issue with this paper when they get through the nightmare they are in and any other publications that are presenting information incorrectly, or out of context, or as unsupported fact.

2. The poor boys name is 'Curly' … not Curry! They couldn't even spell his name right, or get a recent picture of him. The one in the paper must have come from Ken, as the last time he saw Curly, or even spoke to him was over 3 years ago, never once trying to keep in touch!

3. The mother did not and has never has accused her husband of killing Curly. I note that Gazette does not state this in the article now on their website?

4. The Nepalese 'father', Ken did not take Tony to his grandmother. It was the Mother (Ramida) who took Tony to HER mother in Lopburi and left him with her and some money so she could come back and do all she could to help her husband. I know this for a fact because I helped her get organised and take the taxi to the airport.

5. This family has not run away from anything, they both made statements the day after the tragic accident, they both have been assisting the police in every way possible, and all the neighbours that live in this village with them, friends and family are all supporting them. They are still in the village.

6. David Murray moved to Phuket over 2 years ago, leaving a substantial career in Singapore, to set up a very modest home in a local Thai village in Kathu so that Ramida and David could create a home for the young boys, who previous lived in Lopburi and were cared for by Ramida and her sister. They opened up a small facial spa for the local community in a shop beside their house.

7. The oldest boy Tony has autism. When I first met Tony, 2 years ago, he was a very difficult boy to be around. I believe they were evicted from the first place them moved to in Phuket because Tony would scream and run around uncontrollably all day, and go to the toilet were ever he stood or sat. David and Ramida looked into the local special school here in Phuket and decided they would try educating Tony at home instead, with David taking most of the burden as Ramida would work in their little shop during the day. You would not believe how remarkable the change has been. He is now on half the medicine he used to take, he can read, write, do basic maths and in the last 6 months he has started talking! He does not make 'animal noises' as the 'father', Ken told the Gazette.

8. David would run to Curly's school every day, and they would run the 35 mins home together doing maths sums together in Thai and English. We all saw them doing this everyday. It was lovely to see a foreign man doing the right thing. The sons always called David 'Dad' and he called them 'son'.

9. They have 5 photo albums of just their boys alone! Not ONE has any signs of neglect or mistreatment, the all show a remarkably we adjusted family given the difficulties they must have faced with Tony.

10. None of us, neighbours or friends, or even the teachers (I have children who go to the same school as Curly) have anything negative to say about how these boys were raised, nor did anyone ever have cause to believe that either one of these boys was physically or emotionally abused. Quite the opposite! If they had been do you think no one would have noticed?

11. When the 'father' Ken left Ramida and the boys 5 years ago with nothing but debts, with what must have been an unimaginable burden for her, with the oldest son suffering from autism and no financial support from him, she never gave up on them of gave them away, to her parents to raise as is so often the case, but instead did everything she could to try to look after them.

12. Curly did sell little phone toys that can go on phones. He had just started this a week before this tragic accident and while this was to be a little project for the mother, Curly loved it so much he wanted to be involved and it was the parents first chance to pay him pocket money. He was always home before 9pm and only sold them Friday and Saturday, and his parents always kept a safe watchful eye on him.

Now, judge them fairly. Does this sound like a family where the Dad would beat his youngest son to death, and the mother would do nothing? I am sorry, I know I am getting a little too emotional here, but this families life has been destroyed, they are struggling to hold themselves together, and the comments you are making are based only on articles printed by the Phuket Gazette. No mother, no matter how blind, stupid or ignorant could ever support a man that would beat her son to death. Please consider that this is 'news' that sells paper. Do you really think this is an unbiased view? I am ashamed also of any mothers, or father for that matter, that are so quick to forget that there is a mother here that has lost her 8 year old son !!"

Thanks Joskydive for you thoughts. I think I have tried to answer these with what I know at least. But I will restate them. As for the other points, please PM me and talk to this family. I expect they will have the number of the neighbour quoted who no doubt has a lot more to say and can clarify what little they did say to the Phuket Gazette.

I am surprised at your comments though, as you state you are a mum. Why will you not consider how this young boys mother must be feeling at this moment, and continue with this thread? You do not know this family, you read one report in a paper published hours after their tradged, and her you are passing judgment blindly. You are not part of a mob JD, but you are acting with a mob mentality. That is why justice is done, with police investigation, and a trial by court. That is the place for this, not here.

"I won't comment on the details on the night poor Curly died, in respect of the parents wishes, as I understand the rightful place for this is the court and will respect their privacy, but here are some details you need to know before you continue casting stones at this family. If you decide to keep casting stones, then good for you!

1. Both articles that have appeared in the Phuket Gazette are grossly misrepresented and I am sure the couple and their lawyer will take issue with this paper when they get through the nightmare they are in and any other publications that are presenting information incorrectly, or out of context, or as unsupported fact.

2. The poor boys name is 'Curly' … not Curry! They couldn't even spell his name right, or get a recent picture of him. The one in the paper must have come from Ken, as the last time he saw Curly, or even spoke to him was over 3 years ago, never once trying to keep in touch!

3. The mother did not and has never has accused her husband of killing Curly. I note that Gazette does not state this in the article now on their website?

4. The Nepalese 'father', Ken did not take Tony to his grandmother. It was the Mother (Ramida) who took Tony to HER mother in Lopburi and left him with her and some money so she could come back and do all she could to help her husband. I know this for a fact because I helped her get organised and take the taxi to the airport.

5. This family has not run away from anything, they both made statements the day after the tragic accident, they both have been assisting the police in every way possible, and all the neighbours that live in this village with them, friends and family are all supporting them. They are still in the village.

6. David Murray moved to Phuket over 2 years ago, leaving a substantial career in Singapore, to set up a very modest home in a local Thai village in Kathu so that Ramida and David could create a home for the young boys, who previous lived in Lopburi and were cared for by Ramida and her sister. They opened up a small facial spa for the local community in a shop beside their house.

7. The oldest boy Tony has autism. When I first met Tony, 2 years ago, he was a very difficult boy to be around. I believe they were evicted from the first place them moved to in Phuket because Tony would scream and run around uncontrollably all day, and go to the toilet were ever he stood or sat. David and Ramida looked into the local special school here in Phuket and decided they would try educating Tony at home instead, with David taking most of the burden as Ramida would work in their little shop during the day. You would not believe how remarkable the change has been. He is now on half the medicine he used to take, he can read, write, do basic maths and in the last 6 months he has started talking! He does not make 'animal noises' as the 'father', Ken told the Gazette.

8. David would run to Curly's school every day, and they would run the 35 mins home together doing maths sums together in Thai and English. We all saw them doing this everyday. It was lovely to see a foreign man doing the right thing. The sons always called David 'Dad' and he called them 'son'.

9. They have 5 photo albums of just their boys alone! Not ONE has any signs of neglect or mistreatment, the all show a remarkably we adjusted family given the difficulties they must have faced with Tony.

10. None of us, neighbours or friends, or even the teachers (I have children who go to the same school as Curly) have anything negative to say about how these boys were raised, nor did anyone ever have cause to believe that either one of these boys was physically or emotionally abused. Quite the opposite! If they had been do you think no one would have noticed?

11. When the 'father' Ken left Ramida and the boys 5 years ago with nothing but debts, with what must have been an unimaginable burden for her, with the oldest son suffering from autism and no financial support from him, she never gave up on them of gave them away, to her parents to raise as is so often the case, but instead did everything she could to try to look after them.

12. Curly did sell little phone toys that can go on phones. He had just started this a week before this tragic accident and while this was to be a little project for the mother, Curly loved it so much he wanted to be involved and it was the parents first chance to pay him pocket money. He was always home before 9pm and only sold them Friday and Saturday, and his parents always kept a safe watchful eye on him.

Now, judge them fairly. Does this sound like a family where the Dad would beat his youngest son to death, and the mother would do nothing? I am sorry, I know I am getting a little too emotional here, but this families life has been destroyed, they are struggling to hold themselves together, and the comments you are making are based only on articles printed by the Phuket Gazette. No mother, no matter how blind, stupid or ignorant could ever support a man that would beat her son to death. Please consider that this is 'news' that sells paper. Do you really think this is an unbiased view? I am ashamed also of any mothers, or father for that matter, that are so quick to forget that there is a mother here that has lost her 8 year old son !!"

Thank you for resending this again. I have however read and re-read these comments as I have all the posts on this thread and yes, I glorify in the fact that I am a mother and grandmother, because for me, that is the ultimate gift in my life. It is also the reason why, I would rather cut my arm off before I would raise my hand in anger towards any child for any reason. They are, afterall, the future of our race and are influenced mostly by their upbringing.

No, I don't know this family and no, I didn't know Curly but my compassion is directed, correctly in my view, towards this young boy, who was still at an age where he relied soley on his family for his security, health and happiness.

What a shame that Curly hasn't now, or ever will have the opportunity to know this aspect of his life, to be a husband, father and grandfather and provider. This is what I am saying that he was robbed of and if you decide that this is Mob Mentality, Casting Stones or Judging Blindly, then, so be it!

Yes, I also agree that the courts will deal with this matter and in due course I'm sure they will.

Nevertheless, I did it without ever raising my hand, foot or stick to them. Amazingly, I did it all with words and explanations of why I'd rather they didn't do something. They too, now, are raising their own children in the same manner.

That's one of the best gifts you could have ever given your kids.