Fish Farming

look around at some of the old topics and you will find lots of info about fish farming....if you want to discuss something then start a topic to discuss what aspect of fish farming you want to discuss.

To answer your question: yes, several members have tried fish farming with various degrees of success.

look around at some of the old topics and you will find lots of info about fish farming....if you want to discuss something then start a topic to discuss what aspect of fish farming you want to discuss.

To answer your question: yes, several members have tried fish farming with various degrees of success.

It is really just as a small scale pet project.

friendly bunch on here aren't they.

:o

:o

Well I guess that your information filled posting style has just been so exciting that it has brought out the best in everyone.

:D

Some of them, maybe... :D but then there is the rest of us.

What kind of fish do you have in mind ? and what is the size of you pond ? and where are you located.

I do fish-farming on a big scale (Tilapia) or plar Nin/Taptim as the Thais call them. If you are a beginner then it would be easier for you to start with catfish, they are not as sensitive as Tilapia.

But dont exspect to get rich from it, just to break even is hard.

If you are close to Buri-Ram, then we supply fingerlings and fish feed (floating pellets) to very resonable prices.. :o

Regards

Tilapia.

Thanks for the reply.

i'm a total novice.

have no idea whatsoever.

it would be very nice to make some money out of it but if we didn't, we'd still have a place to sit and fish for our dinner.

any advice is more than welcome.

:D

Some of them, maybe... :D but then there is the rest of us.

What kind of fish do you have in mind ? and what is the size of you pond ? and where are you located.

I do fish-farming on a big scale (Tilapia) or plar Nin/Taptim as the Thais call them. If you are a beginner then it would be easier for you to start with catfish, they are not as sensitive as Tilapia.

But dont exspect to get rich from it, just to break even is hard.

If you are close to Buri-Ram, then we supply fingerlings and fish feed (floating pellets) to very resonable prices.. :o

Regards

Tilapia.

I will pay you a visit at some stage smiler , not to buy fingerlings i will want buy some of your bigger fish put them in my lake and then enjoy fishing for them :D

How much a kilo for the bigger fish ?

JB

Ps i will need plenty of pellets as i want them to grow BIGGER :D

Hi JB.

Sure you can, but I think we need to transport them for you, otherwise they will be dead before you reach home :D

The gate price is 40baht/kg for plar Nin and 45baht/kg for Taptim, we have tons of pellets, so no worries there. If you want really big fish, then we have catfish from 10kg + each... :o

Cheers

Tilapia.

Thanks for the reply.

i'm a total novice.

have no idea whatsoever.

it would be very nice to make some money out of it but if we didn't, we'd still have a place to sit and fish for our dinner.

any advice is more than welcome.

bruceboy,if you go to the bottom of this page you will find a search facility,just type in fish and click the search forum beside it and you will find many threads on fish and fish farming . :o

Cheers

Dom